1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is MotoAmerica working?

Discussion in 'General' started by Henrybgood2, Nov 7, 2019.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Marketing & media contracts. :)

F1 is, by and large, the worst racing on the planet. Races are boring, passing in near impossible, and the same team wins every year. Yet, they continue to grow at a pretty good clip. Lewis Hamilton might be the most talented driver too, except you would never be able to tell since there is no parity between the cars.

Do you think the average viewer can tell about how an F1 car is X seconds faster than an IndyCar? Nope. But as long as you tell them it is, and give them a way to watch it, they think they're watching the highest level of racing, they jump on.

drop and Senna like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not just millenials, it's always been like that. Big NASCAR events have always been about more than the race, same for the Indy 500 and so on.

solson1041 and G 97 like this.
  3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Circling back, does anyone else think Gerloff is about to be the new Litmus? He's the first American to get a global shot since Herrin (though all he got was shaft). If Gerloff does well it obviously looks great for M.A. And I think he will do well.....

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The talent pool in WSBK next season doesn't leave much room for a podium unless several people fall off.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I don't think people are expecting podiums from a rookie on a satellite team short of carnage in front of him. IMHO, if he beats his teammate that is sufficient validation that MA is working. I would say the two are probably close to level starting out since Caricasulo knows the tracks and somewhat the tires while Gerloff is used to racing a Superbike R1.

Senna likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I fully expect podiums from the Redding rookie.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Agreed, but he isn't on a satellite team is he?

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Very possible.

But can you explain to me how herrin got the shaft? I'm pretty sure the team wasn't riding the bike that continued to be thrown down.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

BrotoGP has an interview with Herring about it. In short, the team was hostile towards Herrin. They wouldn't work with him on ergonomic changes or setup. You'd have to listen to it in his own words to explain, but it doesn't sound like an environment where any rider could really excel.

stangmx13 and Dragginass like this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Because his team literally gave him a parts bike with little to no support. He got the shit zarco didn’t like. I personally was there when at Indy he had a windscreen that’s didn’t allow him to move around and hang off the front as he prefers. Not only would they not replace it, they wouldn’t even let him trim it.

Dragginass and G 97 like this.
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I'll have to find the brotogp article and give it a listen.

I'm becoming a herrin fan. But all I see is how he got the shaft. I get it, that we need someone on the big stage. But even shit parts don't always make us fall down.

Thanks for the heads up on a article

stangmx13 likes this.
  12. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

What year was this? Can't think of a year when the AMA didn't race on the West Coast.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

JU responded with his 3 race effort.

14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

stangmx13 likes this.
  15. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Laguna Seca. West Coast. We raced there and I don't think JU organized that one.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Yep -- looks like you are right (it wasn't listed in any of the pre-season schedules I found): July, 2014.

17. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Do you really think the world guys care about the American series? They have plenty of their own young riders with money to fill their grids.
    I'm willing to bet Yamaha US gave some cash as a going away present to gerloff to help with that ride.

18. Nope

GNC and ekraft84 like this.
  19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Not a lot, but to a small extent yes(I think Elias' presence has helped tremendously). But that was sort of my point. Getting any of our kids over there has been a struggle. If Gerloff can do really well and compete for a championship over there, after not even having won one here, then I think it bodes well for our series.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Spies went overseas and stomped a mud hole in their asses on the shit pile 09gen yamaha.

that didn’t really open any doors.

point blank, if an american is fast, and has money and something to bring to the table then they might get picked.

I’d rather see a US based team with proper financing go see what we can do.

r6boater and Steeltoe like this.