1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Lorenzo Done?

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Dangerous to whom? Or a danger to win?
    Sorry about English skills.

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

How can you work on something when the equipment is not suitable to address the predicament.

He has enjoyed a bike/tire combination that has allowed him to exploits his best, midcorner speed.

If you do not have the straight away speed or braking to get into the turn first, there is nothing that he can physical conjure up on the bike that will show a different result.

The Yamaha is not suited for the task at hand.

IF JL does manage to stuff, there is no corner speed. And, not chance in hell at a drive.

3. Rossi's style seems to work pretty well with the Yamaha, both when he's leading, and when he's in a pack, so I'm not gonna blame it strictly on equipment.

That said, I do think Lorenzo will find his form again. He's definitely not done winning races.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Same can be said of Rossi/Stoner!:Poke:

These guys operate at another level. If they do not have confidence, talent is nothing.

I refer to Doohan on Cadalora.:D

5. Hey, I dislike Stoner more than any other sportsman. Even more than I dislike Ray Lewis, but I never denied that what he did with the Ducati is amazing. No one else has come close to riding it like that since. :beer:

6. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

You're gonna have to say that a little louder. Rossi can't hear you all the way up there on the podium.

I love the excuses for Jorge. Yamaha's have finished ahead of Pedrosa 5 times this season so far, so the bikes clearly competitive. Plain and simple, Lorenzo's head isn't where it needs to be to win.

It's not his fitness, it's not his leathers being too tight, it's not the bike, it's the rider. I believe someone on here has said that the race is already won before the lights even go out.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And says nothing about Rossi. The package simply did not suit him. Nothing more or less.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Living in FL seems to be affecting your English skills.

Give it another try.

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd dredge this gem up from the bowels of the beeb.

10. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

The only thing more gratifying than Lorenzo's inevitable charge to his 3rd championship is Uccio pride crashing to earth!:D

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I'm ready to write him off ;)

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Funny what happens when Lorenzo has tires that do not neuter his riding style.

14. And when he can get the hole shot and not get duffed up. Great ride by Jorge today.

BTW, those tires don't neuter his style. He just had to adapt to them, and has done so, as evidenced by his pace in Indy.

15. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Woosh, off he goes.

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

This thread encapsulates what I love most about racing: No matter what the BBS banter, the only thing that really matters is racetrack reality. And nobody really knows what is gonna happen on the racetrack!

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Alright, you've been spending too much time on the beeb lately. You're going to have to leave for a while before actual logic starts rubbing off on other members :D