1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Lorenzo Done?

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Jun 16, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There was a good article after Marquez shoved Lorenzo out of the way at Jerez last year. Pedrosa, Lorenzo, and Stoner all had this "gentleman's agreement" way of racing in that nobody would make a hard pass, force the issue, rub paint, etc. The faster rider on that day would simply slide to the front and ride off into the sunset. Then MM comes along and says, "eff that" and bashes his way through if necessary. I'm glad. Most of the races between 2010 and 2013 were snoozefests.

2. six6two

six6two AWD

YES.:beer:

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I guess it would be who is willing to put the most hours on the showroom floor and where the dealership is located.

Here I thought it was win on Sunday sell on Monday. If it's just race on Sunday sell on Monday Yamaha could save a boat load of money by switching to the open class and stop development.

4. Everybody, even Marquez, wants to get out front and run away with the race. If given a choice, it's better not to bang around and risk getting crashed out or crashing someone out.

However, when it's necessary, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are and have been some of the best scrappers GP racing has seen. Anybody who says otherwise, like the guy I responded to, is delusional.

5. Well, you're wrong. Ducati :D

6. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

He's done ... he was only a couple tenths off MM lap times ... he's finished :D

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Done - no
    Frustrated - hell yes

8. Lorenzo isn't done, but his style only allows him to ride at his fastest when there's not a rider right in front of him. He needs to work on that.

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

He's far from done. Rossi and Marquez nailed it in one of the press conferences. Lorenzo isn't having fun while riding the bike and he's letting his frustrations get to him. He's trying to come up with 101 excuses from fitness to the bike to the tires, meanwhile his rivals are all dealing the same problems but making things work.

The quicker he stops blaming other things and learns to adjust to the given situation, the quicker he will become competitive. Instead of blaming the tires and the bike for not suiting his riding style, he needs to modify his style. Rossi humbled himself and altered his riding style to emulate Marquez and it literally revived his career in MotoGP. Lorenzo needs to take notes.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:
    Some of you guys have bumped your heads. This is hilarious! Something is not working for Lorenzo this year but I really doubt that he is done. To say he is based on a few races is a bit premature. Look at how headfucked Rossi was for a few seasons and he climbed out of that pit to be a contender again. I would be surprised if Lorenzo can not find his mojo and be back at the front.

11. Yea, his race at Mugello was enough by itself to prove that Lorenzo still has "it." Even this past weekend, he hung with the leaders for two thirds of the race, and only ended up four or five seconds back.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This reminds me of those clambakes at MCN claiming that Hayden was done, his wrist was going to force him to retire. They speculated, yapped on about it and when they finally got around to asking Hayden, were ready to start saying that the next coming of Sheene (pick one) was going to get the ride. Hayden pretty much called them stupid f@cks and sunk their scoop. :D

Clambakes!!!

13. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Yes Lorenzo is as done as Pederosa :rolleyes:

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You heard it here first! Lorenzo and Pedrosa will team up to ride for the new Factory Vespa team next year. They'll run one lap at each race then pull in for cappuccino and cosmopolitans. They will have umbrella men instead of girls. Title sponsor will be Vagisil.

15. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

^^^^^ROFL

16. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

i wouldn't say done at all, he's still a bad mofo. He will get it figured out & it seems the competition is moving up to MM93's level as of late, where they are all going faster. I'd prob venture to say that he's saying to himself "WTF do i have to do to beat this kid!?!"

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think each of them are figuring out in turn that MM isn't defying the laws of physics and are stepping up their game. It's like when you're going as fast as you think you can and somebody passes you - then you realize that they just went through a corner faster than you ever thought possible so you're able to push your brake marker back and carry more speed next lap.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eh, Mladin would beat them all.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You can stir the pot better than that. How about Stoner and Lorenzo to Suzuki for 2015?

20. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

yup, we saw that this weekend with Dani, he made his typical bridesmade mistake as usual, but dude was flying. I haven't enjoyed GP like i have this year in about 3-4 years.