1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is american superbike really this sad?

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

You mean the same guys who think women are ugly unless they're supermodels?

ducnut likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Dave Despain (sp?) killed 2 wheel Tuesday

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Fair enough. Although I am not in that crowd.

Dave250 and Bruce like this.
  4. :stupid:

It’s like the whole “Mongo doesn’t know racing because he doesn’t race” thing. Someone doesn’t have to actively be doing something in order to have a valid opinion and/or give input to others.

How many NBA coaches or analysts can make a 3-pt shot or dunk a ball right now? Hell some of them have never been able to do either.

Pitmom42, ducnut and turbulence like this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This.

Back in the day, men used to drink a 6 pack and ride their motorcycle around with crappy tech safety equipment. When bad things happened on bikes, the Internet wasn't around to splash gory photos and commentary everywhere. That stuff didn't go "viral". Men did manly things.

Nowadays, men really aren't men any more. And motorcycles are dangerous.

I actually had people calling me up and cancelling reservations after those 7 H-D riders in PA or wherever got plowed thru. People were really freaked out.

People who actually race motorcycles on tracks are viewed as lunatics.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Fixed that for ya but TWT was only one day. They carried MotoGP, WSBK, AMA (and DMG) racing as well on the weekends and sometimes mid weed in the afternoons.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Question or statement?

:crackup:

9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Also, kids today aren't outside on the side streets or cul-de-sacs hammering boards together to make ramps, racing BMX, or the kind of shenanigans most of us did growing up, let alone riding "donorcycles" around the back forty...

MachineR1, Rico888, Steeltoe and 3 others like this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Before I say you're nuts, how so?

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Titties can fix anything!

Sabre699, cav115, Britt and 1 other person like this.
  12. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Moto America cannot even have a web site that is functional, how are they going to run a series?

vizsladog likes this.
  13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

This is an interesting discussion but I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the detrimental effect the DMG/Roger Edmondson acquisition of American Superbike had on the series. It was then that the decision was made to try to sell the feature race as the 600 class and relegate the real stars (the liter riders) to the back burner. NASCAR-style rolling starts and that horridly conceived safety car didn't work either. Titties would have been a better strategy.

14. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it only 5 seasons ago that there was only 4 races and zero tv package to speak of? It was so bad the Ulrich’s with some of the clubs actually promoted some of the races on the schedule.

Yep, things look terrible out there in 2019...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We need that web-domain guy to recount that glorious story...

16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

MotoAmerica live plus!!

turbulence likes this.
  17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

This makes sense to me. It's the first thing that popped into my head when I opened the thread. 4 classes, 2 races per weekend. I'd do one class rather than 2 on track together.

2OLD2BFAST likes this.
  18. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

No one cares but a handful of people on the beeb.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Or the guys who think any woman with a vagina is smoking hot or act like they’ve never seen a pair of boobs before.

Bruce likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Profit sharing? :crackup:

Oh my lord... I can't stop :crackup: Profit...bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! :crackup:

The OEM's make more selling side by sides than all their sportbikes put together - well, other than Suzuki but they sell a ton of quads.

vizsladog and cav115 like this.