1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is american superbike really this sad?

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Aug 25, 2019.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was on Fox Sports 2.

egomezent likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Pretty crazy when you go to an amateur race, some dude blows up $30k in engine parts, and has another one in the trailer ready to go...

Dave250 likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Several years ago, a Chicago-based outfit comes rolling into an NMCA event with an NHRA-level transporter, all wearing matching uniforms. They unload two, matching Pro Mod cars, with different model of bodies. It turns out the guy’s teenage sons were racing them. Of course, multiple engines in the lower level of the trailer, tool cabinets lining the length, lounge area, etc. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  4. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

It’s cause cars are safe. Bikes are for dare devils.

At least these crappy electric bikes are letting kids get into on the cheap.

My neighbors all thought my wheelies and sliding were cool but never let there kids ride my toys. Now they have Walmart electric specials and blow every stop sign (1) in my neighborhood .

a lot of people associate noise with safety.

Kids ripping scooters, bikes and other stuff in dangerous areas with no gear and it’s no problem. I offer a ride around the yard with helmet and gloves and pants and I’m crazy. (10mph).

We need to go back to the days of mad max and the thunder dome. Gotta run the gauntlet.

Dave250, diggy, Jaketheone46 and 3 others like this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Imagine the budget of some of the high-$ operations when Daddy's daughter rides horses. The operational budget of horse farms in North Fulton County could pay the costs of most MA superbike efforts. What a hobby.

noles19, ducnut and Hoffman900 like this.
  6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I guess that's the reason horse racing is referred to as "The Sport of Kings".

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Edwin Cosme. Yes

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Nhra is starting to kill drag racing. Just like Nascar is car racing.

Altho I do like the mountain motor pro stock stuff, the regular 500 in prostock stuff is best.

Pro mod was an absolute blast to work on. And expensive in itself.

Altho a prostock 500 incher, just to qualify a motor is going to cost 125000.

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I despise NHRA. Ugh.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

My mom sold her last horse farm to UGA. Now they run their whole equine program from it.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Not to dampen the outpouring of utter sadness here, but the World Axe Throwing League was on ESPN2 last night. o_O :D

zjay, ducnut, turbulence and 4 others like this.
  12. Can’t say I was shocked at the cost of running a pro mod team just more of an eye opener. I don’t work on them, helped a team with some Motec stuff that’s about it. Was actually shocked at some of the technology in the cars and also shocked by some of the lack of technology. Was never much of a true fan although liked watching. I like the R vs W stuff, I can do without the no prep stuff though.

13. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I drove by a local bike night, thats been there for over 20 years. When i first remember going , riders showed up on bikes clean, some looking like race replicas and matching jackets or leathers. This crowd didnt have jackets, bikes were beat to death and it was all about stunting. maybe thats what helped kill racing here. Stunt videos and such

Dave250 likes this.
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yeah, the star boyz are killing it now!

vizsladog likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought that "organized" Stutah crap died off a few years ago.

Clapped out bikes I thought was the in thing but I must be wrong. If I was right then the SV650 would be the most popular bike in the US 'cause they're ALL clapped out.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not gonna lie, I bought one or 2 of those DVDs way back in the day. In retrospect watching one now it wasn't much of anything special....but it did have titties in it :clap:

Dave250 and vizsladog like this.
  17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So the key to turning around professional roadracing is to have bare titties at the events?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Works for titty bars.

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Since everyone else has an opinion, here's mine: All road racing coverage went to shit when SpeedTV became nothing but NASCAR and subsequently went belly up.

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I mean... I don’t think most on here would complain.