1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is american superbike really this sad?

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't disagree to an extent but there will never ever be as many fans as the ovals have nor will the tracks ever be as cheap to run.

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Do we need Superbike? Can a fan tell the difference of a bike coming into turn 1 at 178 mph versus 183?

Stock 1000's with minor tweaks should be just fine for the series, especially if the market and competitors are not interested in fielding a superbike.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Adopt old BSB Evo rules, problem solved.

SSTK motors, full chassis mods with all the eye candy.

stk0308 and Gorilla George like this.
  4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nah the real answer is Groms for everyone!

5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I think they need to be far more that SStk IMO but make them start with stock frame and swing arm and such. Let them build the motors where they sound Nasty, just take the electronics off.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. :stupid:

Kyle has crazy talent, I’d love to see what he could do on a full factory team where he just trains, shows up, and rides, having the best of everything.

There is no doubt he has worked his ass off. He wanted to race motorcycles as his job and MADE it happen.

But I agree with the second post, just because KW33 did it...that doesn’t mean lots of other people can. It takes a ton of effort, drive, determination, talent, time, and contacts.

But more to the point of RR in the US, it is sad that someone with his talent HAS to do that stuff in order to make it.

I agree with others. I hate that true pro caliber riders have to do all of that to make it work, and/or have to actually pay for a ride.

As Mladin, Hodgson, and others have expressed over the years, why should they pay their own money to risk their lives to entertain and promote others?

7. :stupid:

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

They also have been streaming it on youtube for those that are having issues with fanschoice.

Usually a couple days after the event they put out a 45 minute video showing just the mains and some snippets from the heat races, I usually tune into that but wouldn't mind if there was a paired down version that also included the entirety of the heat races as well.