1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn y’all suck........now I’m re-looking at lr308’s again. @RonR just ignore this post............:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

lol
    I messaged U

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Maybe ask IWI?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You need to be hospitalized.

5. I don’t like talking to people. :crackup:

Either one is easily available, it’ll be easy and safe enough to just use exactly what’s stamped on it. Can’t go wrong there.

6. Not my fault.

I’m not sure how, I’ll have to give it some thought. But I’m sure it’s not my fault somehow. :D

7. britx303

Did a quick search and seeing that 308 is shot out of that model plenty apparently.Looking on IWI site doesn’t mention it, at least that I’ve been able to find there.

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

took the 18" 6.5 creed and shot 600-750 and a few at 1k again today. 1k is a bit of luck for me I think but I'm sure a better shooter could make it look easy.

Got my 223/556 ar checked out. Haven't shot this thing in a loooong time, the surefire is 12 years old I think hah.... Aimpoint and 50 yard zero works pretty well though. Fun to shoot and have no recoil

[​IMG]

Gorilla George and britx303 like this.
  9. Yeah I did a lot of searching too. And I kept finding reports that said “Don’t do it, they shouldn’t be interchanged” (going that way, .308 in a 7.62 specific gun)

I even found one report where one failed catastrophically and scarred a guys face real bad.

Mainly I was just trying to avoid having to return the 5 boxes of 308 Win I bought. :D But I went ahead and swapped them.

I got lucky because I normally don’t keep any receipts except for the gun receipts. But I got the Galil, Vortex Spitfire optic, the 308, and some 9mm all on the same receipt. So I still had it.

It worked out good. I swapped the 5 boxes of 308 for 5 boxes of 7.62 NATO and got a $0.04 refund. :D

britx303 likes this.
  10. britx303

.04 cents back!!!!! That’s 1 round of 22lr if you’re interested :D I agree people suck, but I’d contact the manufacturer directly just for peace of mind. It may be exactly like the reference I made about mini14’s. They were stamped by Ruger as.223, but it’s actually 556, and ruger has repeatedly had to assure owners that 556 was perfectly fine. New ones are stamped 556 to eliminate the concern.

11. I thought just that. :D

She first was like “Hey, you get a 4cent refund!”

My first thought was “Don’t worry about it”, but then after we had that conversation last night, I thought to myself “Hell that’s a round of .22” :D

MachineR1 and britx303 like this.
  12. The CZ Scorpion definitely looks more tacticool with the Magpul 35 round magazine. :D

13411B5C-C3C5-436C-801F-5DE50D908C47.jpeg

britx303 and Sabre699 like this.
  13. Look how shitty this ammo looks. It almost looks like Winchester sold me some damn reloads. That Fiocchi .308 I originally bought damn sure didn’t look like this.

6AD41EE3-65C6-4878-BC5A-31638D620206.jpeg

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Brass tarnishes but WTF ??

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I assume it' surplus ammo(bing NATO). Post a pick of the primer end.

16. britx303

That was your sign to get a 22:D If you do get one, get a ruger 10/22 and you can make it all tacticool with afta market errrrrrythang!!!

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't think there is really any blame to be assigned, because I am sure you have two of the same because you intended one of them to be a gift to me.

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Get the SB Tactical “armbrace” for it…

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Shut your whorish mouff! My reloads never looked that bad!

20. britx303

I’ve gotten 303s that the casings looked like that. A little ultra fine scotch brite and cleaned up enough I wasn’t worried. Shot fine, but it was apparently surplus ammo, not factory new.