1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah I like to load by hand and use that time to think about how I’m shooting and any changes I may make.

speedluvn likes this.
  2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

they have some good reviews on YouTube I like it for the cmmg 22lr conversion .I will load around 14 magazines before I go to the range makes loading so much easier.
    Mcfadden Lightnin' Grip Speed Loader - Review and Demo

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

For pistols get an Uplula. Durable, simple, reliable. Much faster than loading by hand, especially when you get to the last 5 rounds.

4. That's kinda my thinking also.

Sorta like walking the golf course. I hate walking; id much rather use a cart. But some courses (like my fav one in Accra) doesnt have carts (but they do have caddies available). While I would rather be in a cart, i have to admit that i have always shot better when i walk. I take the time to think about whats going on, my shot, what i need to change, etc.

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I haven’t played golf in years but I always preferred to walk. And I never had a caddy but I also didn’t have a Rodney sized bag

6. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

The lula works great for larger calibers and the Ruger 10-22 magazines but for cmmg conversion kit the McFadden works great.

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

+1 for uplula for loading pistol mags

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

+1 for uplula. It's like loading the mags by hand but without getting a sore thumb after like 50+ rounds...and it is a bit faster too. Well worth it!

By the way @Gorilla George, you ever get to shoot that that X5 Legion yet? Or did you forget the mags again?

DmanSlam likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This time he brought the mags but forgot the gun

10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

IMO, yes loaders work and much faster than manually loading them. Ever shoot for 2 hours and 300+ rounds in a 10-round mag? You won't be loading "fast" by mid-point.

As someone just commented recently, it's more difficult to load the last few bullets by hand anyway. I have the upLula and it works. Now, a friend of mine has a loader that looks like, well, a magazine-shaped popcorn vendor's scoop with a handle attached. With your loose bullets in a small tray, you then scoop however many loose bullets into the funnel as you want -- up to ~30 rounds -- and the bullets get single-stacked into the funnel. Then shove your gun magazine's open side (obviously) into the funnel and the bullets load into your magazine. Holds any sized bullets. I used it for a 9mm and when I tested his 223/556 AR pistol. Really the easiest and quickest loader I've ever used. But it doesn't unload (small nit though).

11. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Here's a pic of the second loader I mentioned.

mcfaden-cliploader.jpg

12. Shit. Suddenly my life is incomplete without a loader.

DmanSlam likes this.
  13. The main reason i want one is for when i get back in the country and go to "restash". :D

Every gun that is in the house, car, etc (every gun outside the safe) is always fully loaded and chambered. But i dont like leaving magazines stored loaded. Yes - i know there are tons of people that do it and have no issues, and yes i know people have left magazines loaded for years and they still fed fine.

I dont care.

I have 3 large Pelican cases. One for 9mm, one for .45, and one for 5.56. Every time i leave the country, i unload all the rounds into their respective case. Then when i get home, i reload everything (including spare mags). By the time i am done, my fingers/hands are sore, and i dont feel like shooting anything.

I know that might be completely unnecessary, but its just my thing. If nothing else, it refreshes my memory each time of where i have guns located. So if i need one in an emergency, i dont have to actually think/look for one.

That is the main reason i want a loader.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2021-3-6_5-44-20.jpeg

15. Yeah, i hate to admit it but my hands are fucked.

The doc says its from years of being a roughneck, slinging tongs, hitting shit with 12-16lb sledgehammers all day, gripping ropes etc...all while standing on a deck that is vibrating due to bigass pumps running all the time. Apparently all the impacts and jarring, combined with the vibrations, have fucked my hands.

I can lift weights, including curls and shit, or play basketball, and its pretty much ok. Little shit kills me. One of the most physically grueling things for me is something like installing an optic. Trying to make up small bolts while gripping a small allen wrench, its brutal. I have to do it in "sets"; meaning ill have to pause about every 2 rounds to let my hands relax so i can grip again.

Loading magazines falls into that also. Thats why i always prep my range bag over the course of 1-2 days prior to going. If i wait and load all the mags right before going, my hands will be shot and i wont be able to grip the gun properly.

16. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don’t want to read over 400 pages of this thread. But were you in the military? And why would you need or want that many guns and ammo?

17. No.

And

CD9F821C-511A-45BE-98E7-1AEC3FBC614B.jpeg

18. sbk1198

Give the guy a break. You think it's weak because most normal people have several mags. He has ALL the mags, so I can imagine doing that with a bag full of mags (except the ones for the X5 Legion which never made it in the bag) is going to take its toll on your hands! :D

19. sbk1198

Damn, that sucks. You definitely need a loader. I'm amazed you made it this far without one. I was still on my first gun when I bought one. Went to the range one time with 2 mags and shot like 100-150 rounds after which I was like "fuck this loading bullshit! I'm getting an uplula loader!" lol Well worth it. You won't regret it. Only works for pistol mags, so for my AR mags I still load by hand, but those are easier. There are other types of loaders for 5.56 anyway, similar to what DmanSlam described.