1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Yeah, that's kinda my point. I totally get that with lots of things mechanical, after they break in ("loosen up") a little they might perform better.

But performing better, and not fucking working at all, are two totally different things.

sbk1198 likes this.
  2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

the way you shoot a lazer wont help...

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Went to the range with the GF yesterday. The P365 SAS is definitely a center mass spray and spray gun, but fun.

The Rattler still pisses everyone off since it creates a pressure wave that blows all the targets around if they are inside 10 yards. GF still won't shoot it.

STI - 20 round 9mm mags are just soooooo nice. Broome, you'll love your 2011. I rat holed the x in the target with it.

GF shot the blackout pistol. First AR platform she shot. Nose at the charging handle and she loved it

P320 better accuracy than the 365 for sure but can't touch the STI.

They were selling 9mm house ammo for 70 a box of 50. Nope.

Next gun will probably be a built AR in creedmore. The Rattler and blackout aren't exactly accurate with 5 and 7 inch barrels

Senna, wsmc 589 and Gorilla George like this.
  4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’m actually impressed with the accuracy of the 365 sas. Almost all guns I buy or are gifted gets shot off the back deck immediately. I’m talking Christmas morning (7am) twenty degrees sweats and T-shirt immediately. Although I do have a catch up list this week. Anyway walked onto the deck and my wife had thrown a cantaloupe out into the woods. About 70’ away and boom. Hit with first shot. Knew that was bullshit luck so I shot at it two more times to a miss and hit. To quote Meatloaf
    2 out of three ain’t bad

Gorilla George, wsmc 589 and Jed like this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I've read a few accounts of shimming the rear sight with paper. I'll probably try it. If I aim 4 inches left at 7 yards I'm dead center.

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

@Gorilla George Which 2011 did you get? I must have missed your post.

NM just saw it. You’re gonna love it.

Gorilla George and Jed like this.
  7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The best advancement in firearm technology since the 1911.

Gorilla George and wsmc 589 like this.
  8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

thats just fucked up and stupid cause how are customers going to afford that and come shoot at your range

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

And they require anyone using house rentals to use their ammo. I think he said a magazine for a full auto AR was 60 or so. The owner does think they're at peak pricing. He doesn't like it as business has been slow since Valentines.

10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I looked at the Bersa Firestorm 380. And there's also the Bersa Thunder. I haven't held one yet but the ergos look great. Going to see if the local gun range has one for a rental. Has anyone owned one of these? I'd love to test fire one at the range.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Beyond dumb. My local range was $30 for 50 last week and that's too high

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I loved mine but I did sell it simply because I had a couple other .380's and to me that's not a pistol that you need multiples of. The company was founded by 3 engineers that came from Beretta so I believe they have a decent pedigree. If you want something that's a touch rarer, check out Gunbroker for a Bersa Model 85. It's basically a Walther clone at about a 1/3 of the price. I kept my Model 85 simply because I think it's a beautiful firearm. They have a Model 83 also but I believe it's a single stack.

DmanSlam likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have shot a couple of the Bersa Thunders. They worked fine, but it seemed that the felt recoil was higher than it should have been for a 380. The ergos just didn't do it for my hand. That being said one of the ones I shot is my brother's and he is keeping it.

DmanSlam likes this.
  14. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Thanks @rd400racer and @kenessex , It definitely reminded me of the Beretta when I first looked at it. A dealer showed me one for purchase. He didn't have much else in stock and my thinking was, because it was one of the last handguns left, it may not be something I like. But it's growing on me. Personally, I'd first prefer to rent and fire any gun I buy if that was always an option.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Hey, just got my McFadden loader and tried it out. Seemed slick but then I found that it was bending the shit out of the last 4-5 rounds in my CMMG mags. Any tips?

16. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

0B090BBE-223C-42EE-8E7B-2A9ADFF6ABBF.jpeg
    When I get down to the last 2-3 I use the manual loader.Some web sites don’t recommend loading the magazines full so depending I might use the manual loader or go with what I could get in , I just tried loading a couple different magazines .The last couple rounds in each magazine are hard to load with the McFadden but they didn't bend the bullet.

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I almost never load my mags to full capacity. Some don’t mind it and work fine but others won’t load the first couple rounds very well. Also shoving in a mag loaded to capacity on a closed bolt sucks.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thanks. Going shooting today...need some stress relief after seeing the stock market

Gorilla George, sbk1198 and Photo like this.
  19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I know, right! I'm just not going to look at it anymore for a while, or else the only thing I may shoot is my brain lol

20. Gotta admit, ive never used or even tried one of those loaders. I see them in the shop all the time, and a few times ive thought about grabbing one, but then im like "eh, its a waste of money" and i dont get it.

Do they really work? How fast (compared to manually loading mags)?