1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

GG needs a race gun. Think of it as a factory superbikes build.

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Got a chance to shoot a CZ Scorpion today. I've been wanting one since I first saw them last year, but only got to shoot one now for the first time. A few shots in and I realized I REALLY want one now! Thing is so awesome! Just sucks that people are asking above retail for their used ones. Gonna buy a new one at this rate, but was hoping to save a few bucks with a used one.

Triple X likes this.
  3. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

I have had good luck buying local ammo, person to person, off gunlistings.org

In my area, the "contact" button is non-functional. Posters are sharing cell #s.

I have paid notably less than online gougers, and avoided additional tax. I would be comfortable, after a phone call, buying a firearm person to person as well.

I'm sure this is a known thing and that I'm late to the party, but wanted to share that I've had good luck there. Some really nice guns for sale in Iowa, at mostly reasonable prices.

4. They have a few of these Walther Q5 Match at my normal gun shop. Been thinking about grabbing one.

[​IMG]

Its looks a helluva lot like my H&K VP9L Tactical

[​IMG]

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

For me the grip is a little slick. Nothing some deck tape or stippling can cure.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Went to academy this morning and the line was over 100 deep 40 minutes before they opened so I went home haha

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Now that I have 70+lbs of powder, and bullets really aren't hard to come by, primers are my main focus. The side and I went to Scheels on Saturday night. They actually had small rifle primers! Only allowed 200 per customer, of each type. They had 400's and 450's. So we walked out with 800 between the two of us. Went back Sunday morning, dragging the kid with got us another 1200. The wife and kid scored 1500 a couple weeks ago, so I'm feeling much better with almost 7000 srp on the self. I'll keep buying whenever I can though.

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I need some large rifle primers and 6.5 accu bonds or eld x or any hunting round. I have some powder and brass

12 hogs down this weekend has put a dent in my supply of hunting ammo but I’ll just go to target rounds if I do run out. I did get 2 in one shot so that helped to conserve some ammo

MachineR1 likes this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

My buddy Ryan has the Q5. It's a great gun and a very nice trigger.
    He hasn't put any optic on the top and still groups pretty tight.

Let us know how it shoots. :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Getting closer, but not quite there...

Don't you want to know if you are limited by your equipment???

I'm not giving up until you get an Infinity or an Akai. You NEED a 2011 pistol if you like the 1911.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Gorilla George, pjdoran and Triple X like this.
  11. Shit. That's badass.

But I don't like brown/tan guns. I like them all black.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

For paying $6K, you can get it in black.

Jed likes this.
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity...what do you do with 12 hogs?

14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Look into the new FN 509 Edge LS. Several videos up on Youtube now

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Plenty of bacon, sausage, and ham in the freezer :)

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

my buddy who shot 70 over 3 days with some friends in Texas put the smallest one on the spit the first night. After everyone tried it they went to Cracker Barrel. Unfortunately I hear that story more often than not. I had a wild sow made into sausage and it was ok. Lots of places leave them where they fall. In most places it’s more of an extermination rather than hunting. I’m hopeful my next hunt will yield some eatable hogs.

OGs750 likes this.
  17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

The hell is that doohicky hanging off the back?

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The lightened hammer, thumb rest, or battery compartment? The other side has a slide racker sticking out.

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'm guessing that's a battery compartment? Never seen one that bulky on a pistol red dot

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

leave them where they fall. I ended up with 13 down and am kinda feeling weird about it. It’s fucked up the amount of killing but I saw over 60 hogs this weekend. They are destroying the property. I wish I could capture what they’ve done to the landscape and habitat