1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Daaaamn! That's nice! An AR-10 in 6.5 creedmoor is on my short list of guns I want to buy in the near future.

2. sbk1198

I went to my local gun store yesterday, which was the first time going there in about 6 months or more. It was the saddest store I've ever seen. Gun shelves...almost empty. Ammo shelves...pretty much empty. It was insane. This place is an Elite Sig Sauer dealer too, meaning they have a big display dedicated to just Sig firearms, and not a single gun in there. All sold. Only thing left was a few parts and accessories. What started off being great for business from around March until sometime in the summer or fall when they made record sales I'm sure each month, has now turned into the opposite because they have nothing to sell even though the demand is still there.

3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

My CZ SP-01 Omega in urban grey with suppressor night sights and threaded barrel came in today. Thing is badass.

Jed, Triple X and MachineR1 like this.
  4. sbk1198

Pics!

I accidentally won an auction on gun broker last night for a CZ Scorpion lol

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

"accidentally"?? were you drinking while auctioning??

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Please tell me how that thermal scope works once you've had a good chance to use it. If I'm able to actually complete my build, I'm working on a AR10 308, 16", that will have a thermal as the end goal.

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

check out the Bering Hogster r35 when you do. ATN's work but my hogster is leaps and bounds better than my cousin's ATN ThOR-HD 384 2-8x. My brothers pulsar thermion xq38 is the best though. My hogster was 2500 OTD and it hasn't let me down yet on identifying and shooting. It's the best value in my opinion that there is on thermals.

Clay likes this.
  8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I'm still a year out from that, been spending all my money on loading components for now. As long as we can still buy parts in another year, this will be my next project.

9. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

FB5E074B-65C6-4FAB-B8EA-50077904BAB5.jpeg

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I will
    We are headed to NC first weekend of February but I can store multiple profiles so I’m going to use it on my dog only 223 locally first. My scouting monocular is a pulsar Helion 2XP50 and it is really good. I was on a couple waiting lists for the pulsar scope that is its equivalent with range finder but they never came in. That was close to 5k. My friend found these thor 4 with range finders for 2600 so I figured I’d try it out. So far sighting in and basic use they seem to be ok. Since I can recon with my monocular it’s not as huge a deal. But I’ll definitely report back

Clay likes this.
  11. sbk1198

I tripped and pushed the submit button! LOL...just kidding, but I said accidentally because I bid thinking there was like 1% chance of winning judging by what others exactly like it were selling for. Most were selling around $1150-1250. I set a max bid of $1000, which is about $100 below retail, thinking no way I'll win but I'll bid for shits and giggles. Ended up winning it with $995 lol

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I am a bit dumbfounded that this happened on GB. I don't think I've ever seen anything on there sell for what I would consider reasonable. Congrats though! I wouldn't mind having one of those. Shot one a little bit a few years ago and that thing was a giggle. If I can't find a P90 once I'm ready to grow my collection again, I may be on the prowl for a Scorpion.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

sometimes timing is everything ;)

sbk1198 likes this.
  14. sbk1198

Yeah I was surprised too. I've been looking at used Scorpions and people are still wanting over $1000 for a stock one or like $1200-$1400 with a brace and a few minor mods. Fuck that! Might as well buy new.

I've always loved the P90 although never shot one. The only downside with those is as far as I know you can only buy a PS90, which is the commercial version. The P90 is only available for government agencies/policies/military. The PS90 has a longer 16" barrel which sticks out like a sore thumb on that gun, and of course it's semi-auto. The semi-auto part doesn't bother me but that ridiculous barrel does. It ruins the gun in my opinion even though I'm sure it's a bit more accurate. Also the 5.7 ammo is not cheap by any means.

15. Steak Travis

Anyone looking to get rid of a Glock 20 let me know

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thinking my next purchase needs to be a reach out and touch you gun. Somewhere about 600 plus yards. Looking at the bergara b14 hmr any others I should take a look at?

17. upload_2021-1-21_19-6-52.jpeg

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

Bergara will do great. I love mine. Tikka CTR or the Bergara HMR are interchangeable. I have both.

I've taken my 18" bergara 6.5 out to 1250 yards

noles19 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Exactly. :crackup: