1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

check ammoseek every couple hours

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That cold shot is the one that matters. Handload, it's fun and probably the best way to get a load that suits the rifle. Be prepared to lay out some cash for the press, dies, powder, scale, micrometer...

wsmc 589 likes this.
  3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Classic Firearms
    sent me a notice they have cases of 1K
    Tulammo 9mm
    steel case for $500
    For those interested
    I did just throw some in a cart to make (kinda) sure they have it. I did put it back in stock so good luck

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Damn! I like the quantities but that shit is higher than giraffe pu$$y!!! I work in Midland and on days I don’t have to be at the shop early I get in line at Academy, they’re not gouging, and get 3 boxes at a time. It sucks buying 150 at a time but I haven’t paid more than $0.25/rd for 9mm yet. Some days you get lucky and they have 200 round boxes and you can still get 3 of them.

Did y’all see where Cheaper Than Dirt is going to have to return $400k
    https://amp.statesman.com/amp/3932523001

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Do you know what day they get shipments?

6. GixxerJohn011

It varies by region. Here in San Antonio it’s Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. In Midland it could be Monday through Saturday. The guys at the counter have all been happy to tell the schedule. Some stores have you just line up and it’s a Black Friday free for all but the one in Odessa gives you numbers starting about 7:30. They even put out a whiteboard with all the calibers they got in or it just says “no ammo”

noles19 likes this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nice thank you

8. I ordered this...

https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/uscr9115tmj-1000-us-cartridge-9mm-115-grain-tmj-.html?unit_type=22

It got some really good reviews. Of course you never know if the reviews are fake or not, but still. I figured it might be fine at the range.

9. That's way too much trouble, and I absolutely hate standing in line and waiting on shit. I'd rather order it online and pay more than have to deal with that.

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yeah giraffe vag is exotic price lol

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Question....what's the difference between TMJ and FMJ? Just some company trying to be different?

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Paying $0.50+/round for FMJ 9mm is absolutely insane to me. I still haven't paid more than about $0.28/round for it, including taxes and shipping. I suppose I've been a bit lucky having 2 big box stores nearby that don't price gouge (Academy and Sportsmans) and I'm sure I don't burn through it as much as some of you. But there are still some online retailers you can get on waiting lists for and grab it up once you get a notification (I've had the best luck with Midway). But $0.70/round for reman FMJ? o_O GTFO

sanee and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea I might pay .70 per round if I have to, have to shoot up some of what I have first though. Not comfortable stocking up when it's super expensive.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  15. GixxerJohn011

16. ?

17. Therein lies the problem. I can't do waiting lists.

If I want something now, I want it now. It doesn't matter how much I already have, or when I plan on using it. When I want to order it, I have to order it right then. Hell, I have paid for overnight shipping for shit by default, when I wont even be in the country for 2 weeks. :crackup:

18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

just beyond shocked at that price for reloads

19. Ah I gotcha.

The funny thing about that lawsuit against "Cheaper Than Dirt" for price gouging, is that it could actually be applied to damn near every ammo dealer in the nation. They know between the pandemic and riots, everyone wants ammo...and they can charge what they want...so they are doing so.