1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah but not the bigger companies like Bass Pro, Midway, Walmart etc. I stopped dealing with CTD years ago because of a few of their policies including price gouging. Fuckem they deserve anything they get.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I just wish people would quit paying these insane prices. I actually have zero problem with places like CTD price gouging (from a legal standpoint). It's supply and demand. It just means I won't even spend a dime with them. For all the LGS's, I understand why their prices have went up. Covid wrecked supply chains all over the world. In turn, with increased demand, there was an ammo shortage and distributors will always prioritize big box stores. Which means the LGS has to profit more off each individual box because they're moving lower quantities now. I get it. But over 3.5x times the previous cost? That's insane. And if everyone would quit feeding the monster, it would shrink.

Part of what really aggravates me about all this is people loaded up with 20k rounds that they'll never go through and they have no way to even keep it climate controlled. Moisture can do some real work on ammo and effectively ruin it as well as gunk up your gun when you go to use it. Sure there are guys like Broome who have 20k+ rounds and also have the means to keep it secure but that's not the norm.

Mick6R, Gorilla George and sanee like this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I think my cost when I reloaded was around .07 or .09 per round.

4. I also go through a lot of ammo. Because I can't ride, I shoot. I always go to the range 2-3x a week, and there have been weeks when I have went 5x.

It stays secure and climate controlled, and I also cycle it so I use the oldest first. When I get new stuff, it goes in the back.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Then I imagine this 60 year old ammo I have would really blow your mind:D

[​IMG]

Gorilla George and DaveB like this.
  6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I have some ammo that is at least 80 years old. It is (was) 25-20 for one of my Grand Father's rifles. Unusual stuff to say the least. Last I inspected it the lead had started to get "furry"......

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The lack and/or price of ammo recently is beyond insane.
    Nobody is shooting that I know, even the gun competition guys. So everyone is just stockpiling? wtf?

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The gun ranges here are 20x busier now that last year and all the concealed carry classes are sold out

9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Yeah people are shooting small quantity's for classes and new guns [the only way a lot of shops will sell you ammo out here is if you buy a gun otherwise no way jose] but I don't see people just going into the desert shooting like normal. Or going to competitions and going threw a ton of ammo.

10. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Well, I guess as soon as this comes out you'll have to buy a Glock. https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/pmags/glock/pmag-d-50-gl9-glock.html

11. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

A record was set for new gun purchases 3 months in a row. If each new gun owner only bought 2 boxes that’s like eleventy bazillion rounds then add the civil war stockpile tards and things go full retard quickly. I asked the guy behind the counter at Academy (he’s the store manager) when he thought there might be something on the shelves more than 14 seconds after opening, he said they are actually receiving more ammo than ever but they still can’t come close to keeping up. They are even running out of shotgun shells now.

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

My academy a couple days ago had absolutely no ammo and about 5 guns available. They did have a bunch of tannerite though which people were buying haha

13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

How about a high point? It's multi-use makes it a value buy.

It can be a hammer, doorstop, boat anchor, wheel chock, hot air balloon anchor, meat cleaver...should I continue? Or do you see my wisdom?

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Don't forget the "Mostly peaceful protest" folks. You know, the folks that were anti-2a until a real riot (OH crap, MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTEST) showed up near their hoods.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Nope, only for the pistol, and there are some notes on it.

Sounds like a definite NO for the Charger "Use of this D-50 GL9 in pistol caliber carbines (PCC) is not recommended, because the increased length of the feed tower will be partially unsupported in most pistol caliber magazine wells. This unsupported condition may cause premature wear on the feed tower magazine catch, and (in firearms which deviate from factory magazine well specifications) may result in improper round presentation and failures to feed."

I know, TLDR;

16. Ima try it and see :D

17. I never thought I would say this, but looking at these prices has me considering selling some of my stash. Where else can I get a 500% ROI?

Photo likes this.
  18. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Dry firing lol....

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I just can’t bring myself to sell anything. A: who knows what the future will bring. B: I can make a few bucks but I just can’t rape people like so many are doing. I just sold 70 rounds of 9mm to my sons friend for $10. C: I have plenty for now but the next shooting season is right around the corner so hopefully shit will get closer to normal by then but I’m not holding my breath.

pjdoran likes this.