1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Wild hog qualify depends on what kind of terrain they have been destroying. Farmers fields and apple orchards, good. Swampy bayous, not so good.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I just had no idea on it. Thanks!

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I can't imagine shooting any ammo right now! With the current political climate, I'm holding onto every single round I have. Most nights out of the week I spend an hour to two hours loading new rounds. They get stacked. BassPro and Academy here actually got in a nice stock of green tip 5.56 this week. They limited how much you could get of course, but I went both days and got the limit. It's now added to the stack. :)

Maybe someday I'll actually shoot some of it, but it won't be any time soon!

I saw on gunbroker, earlier this week, one box of large rifle primers went for 400 dollars. That's past insane. I don't think the insanity is even close to over yet, either.

4. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

PSA had them last week but it looks like they are out now. I'd add an in stock alert there as there is a fair chance they will have them again.

noles19 likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm a hunter nor do I have any desire to go kill an animal but a wild hog....I'd fucking light up like the Griswold house on Christmas.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

They are an environmental nightmare. They simply need killing.

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

anyone in the atlanta area that has some land to shoot some distance? i mean id take 50 yards outdoors anytime but 100 would be better :)

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hogs are an invasive species as well, correct?

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Oh, I totally agree. That's why I wouldn't blink twice at killing those things. And I wouldn't even bother eating....just leave'um there to rot.

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I spoke with an employee at a local gun shop when I moved to TX and he explained the hog problem to me. He told me that he preferred to hunt with a .224/5.56 because it generally wouldn't drop the animal where it got shot. He preferred it to walk off his property and expire on his neighbor's land. It was both cruel and :crackup:

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

Razr and britx303 like this.
  13. britx303

:crackup:

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I really want to shoot some hogs. I only have 2 hunts left that I have not done and really want to do, hogs and antelope. Anybody with hogs that need killing, let me know, I'll bring the beer and let anybody that wants to shoot my 375 Ruger.

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Damn that around here?

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hey Broome, does your store have a preprinted 4473 for you to just sign whenever you walk into the store?

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking out.

Sadly, here's something I had no clue on:
    "Handguns may only be transferred to residents of the state where the transaction is taking place. Under certain and limited circumstances, long-guns may be transferred to residents of different states. "
    Called the store and verified.

18. Damnit, fuckers got me again.

I went just to see if they had the Hellcat OSP (cutout for Optics) and they just got one in so I grabbed it.

Then Brandon was like “I know you like optics and high capacity, we just got this new FNX 509 Tactical with a cutout for optics, and it comes with a 24 round magazine.”

Shit.

4A9DDA24-C223-4662-856E-3B4128855297.jpeg

Triple X and britx303 like this.
  19. But they don’t have any optics in stock. He said they are getting a shipment in from Trijicon next week. So I’ll have to go back up there.

20. britx303

Im pretty sure I need your job:D

Gorilla George likes this.