1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I showed this picture to my 45-70 and now it's jumping up and down in the gun cabinet.

MachineR1 and Steak Travis like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ive been trying to build an LR308 to come down to my in-laws in Georgia for their hogs. Still cant get what I need.......all main parts out of stock everywhere. Even sites claiming lowers etc in stock, end up being out and long backorders. What are you using for the hogs?

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

6.8 spc but where I was planning on putting my climber a 12ga buck shot might do it

4. Id put the gun down and go play with them. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. nigel smith

Even you couldn't love those nasty fuckers. Well, except as a BLT, of course.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Steak Travis

6.5 creed . Last Saturday checking a field at 1pm. Took 3 shots
    [​IMG]

sanee likes this.
  7. britx303

Yeah I love most aminals too, especially compared to humans..........but wild hogs arent on that list:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. britx303

Nice..........I guess if the trip pans out in a few months,my 303 could do it just fine. I just reeeeeaaaalllllyy want a LR308 and the hog hunting was my excuse:D Are you hunting day only or do any night hunting for them?

9. I need this shirt.

72A07AA0-F6F2-4CA6-9EA2-AE97F4C71440.jpeg

britx303 likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

Morning, afternoon, night and riding roads mid day

.303 will smoke them. I usually will get bored and start bringing my garand.

I used to use my 5.56/223 AR and had plenty of success. My best afternoon I got 7 with a 223.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

The shop I went to today had 2 old garands. Cool as anything but they were asking 2500 a piece. Im a cheap SOB......so I dont know what those go for normally but I about shit when I saw the price

12. Steak Travis

that’s insane. A trip to the cmp store is worth it and pick one out for 600-1200.

13. britx303

Yeah was thinking this place is a ripoff.......Ive just never priced a garand so had no idea.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You should change your name to Pork Travis.

tiggen and Gorilla George like this.
  15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Ignorant city boy here. What do you do with them?
    Butcher? Game Processor?

YoshiHNS likes this.
  16. nigel smith

I paid about $700 for a really nice one from CMP Anniston a few weeks ago. There are rare variants that cost a lot more, but you're not using those to kill pigs. Be warned, if you like military surplus, you'll leave with more stuff than you intended to buy. The staff is super helpful. I wanted a Garand with WW2 provenance in good shooting condition. They dug around in the back room until they found me just what I wanted. Before I left, an immaculate Smith Corona 03A3 convinced me to take it home as well.

gt#179 likes this.
  17. nigel smith

I'm lazy. I take them to the butcher and he calls me when they magically turn into sausage.

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I've been trying to convince a buddy to go down south during winter for a hog hunt and stock up the freezers. Picked up a cheap 700 in 270 so I'd have something in case we actually go.

19. Steak Travis

Yeah the staff there is awesome. I went in right before covid and Was able to get a field grade that was basically a service grade rifle where it matters

20. Steak Travis

processor for the smaller ones or a pit where nature does what it does. There are just too many to eat them all and the big ones are nasty