1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I love my M&P 15-22. Never had an issue with it.

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Price?

I looked at CMP when they were doing M1 Garands, and the prices were almost higher than Gunbroker for the equivalent grade.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

$1095 or so I believe. I held off on the first round because of the price and we have my grandfather's 1911. Now With two army 1911's I figure we don't need anymore and I can get something I'll use more for $1095.

They are pretty cool though. Looks like the slide is rock river? and the lower is colt. I assume it's a service grade for the condition it's in based off the other CMP stuff we have.
    [​IMG]

rice r0cket and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Does this magazine make my butt look big? :D

1F89013B-28EE-4BDB-AA2A-9DED14ACB389.jpeg

That’s the 27 round mag. Because you never know when 28 people will try to break in your house all at once. :crackup:

Triple X likes this.
  5. Offtopic, does anyone know why the uploader flips my pictures?

It has happened several times. The picture is horizontal (normal) in my phone. But when it’s uploaded, it’s turned.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I visited CMP Anniston a couple of months back. I was very pleased with the selection and value for money. I went for the sole purpose of buying a Garand, but a 1903A3 also followed me home. I believe that either rifle would sell for a profit on Gunbroker. You can't buy a 1911 in their retail store, so I'll be entering the drawing for the next round. I want one just like the one Uncle Sam put in my hand when I was a kid. In fact, if any of you happen to be selling a genuine issue pistol, I would be interested.

rice r0cket likes this.
  7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Because iPhones suck.

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That’s borderline political my friend. You watch your tongue. Lol.

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Y’all getting carded for ammo? I had a shop today saying they needed my ID to scan it to make the purchaseo_O Obviously never going there again but what the hell??

10. Really?

When was the last time you bought ammo? In other words, is this something new that this place has started requiring?

They’ve scanned my DL when buying a gun, but never ammo.

If that is a new requirement, I wonder if this is the beginning of the end of buying ammo online.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I've been asked for the ID. They look at DOB and then hand it back.
    No scanning though.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  12. Yeah, maybe they are just verifying your age. Like that box you have to check to say you are >/=18 years of age when buying ammo online.

13. britx303

I just bought a few weeks ago without so much as a question. I didn’t think much of it today until they went to scan my license and I gave the old “ whoa whoa whoa what the hell are you doing?!” The guy said it was a requirement now but he wouldn’t say whose requirement it was. I have heard other gun shops say that online is supposedly coming to an end, parts, accessories or ammo. Not sure how much of that is bullshit or not. Still don’t like the fact they tried to scan my id just for ammo

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Never carded anyone for ammo besides some younger people to quickly make sure they were of age but never a scan or anything.

15. This comment scared me a little, so I just ordered another 4000 rounds of range ammo, and 1000 rounds of defensive ammo (off multiple sites, due to the limits).

.....as if I needed a reason to shop for shit. :D

Razr and britx303 like this.
  16. britx303

Having lots of ammo is always fun anyways:D However ive never plunked down for that much at a time:bow:

17. britx303

Thats what I assumed the guy today was doing.......just doing an age verification,as if somehow I could pass for underage after 4 kids:confused:

18. Ill start to go through it pretty quick now that my legs are working relatively normal. I typically go to the range 2-3x per week.

Today I went through ~150 rounds of .45ACP and~200 rounds of 9mm, but that’s lower than normal. I still can’t stand for very long.

Once I get to where I can stand longer, I’ll go through ammo pretty quick.

19. britx303

For a few years I lived on a farm and I could walk out my backdoor and blast away. Damn that was nice. We'd shoot all kinds of guns from everybodies collection of stuff, at all kinds of targets we'd setup. Theres so few places to shoot around here anymore,and well its Maryland, need I say more?. Im lucky to go through a box of 20. Building a stockpile is one thing.......but GD it I wanna shoot too:D

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Gonna need some ammo for these!
    [​IMG]

MachineR1 likes this.