1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Are you not a resident of the state where the transaction would take place?

2. redtailracing

Not his job, just his paycheck :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

4. They have a stack of them with my name and address and shit already on them. So when I walk in they just grab one. :D

Jed likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

AL

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No. I'm in OH and local stores don't have any of the P17's. The one I wanted is in KY.
    If I move am I supposed to alert the Gestapo?

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Try exercising 2A in Maryland........we’ve got the kgb to deal with........ok ok I’ll stop:flag::D

8. redtailracing

No option to ship to your local store?

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

As an OH resident, you can't buy a pistol in KY.
    In order to buy it properly, you would need to have it shipped from KY to an FFL in OH.
    Then OH can process your paperwork according to whatever nuances the state law has.

Generally to remain legal:
    You can go to a different state and buy a long gun (rifle/shotgun) and get it there.
    You can take a pistol to a different state and sell to a resident of that state through an FFL (interstate sale).
    Someone can bring a pistol to your state and sell it to you at your FFL.
    Someone can ship a pistol to your FFL.

NFA (suppressors/SBR/SBS/AOW) is a totally different ball of wax that I'm not 100% up on.

10. Tristan

Not seeing that option on their site. I need to check if a local store can order one. I'm in no huge hurry, I figured they would be back in stock eventually but it's been several months.

11. Jedb

Ask your local store if they take transfers. If so, then you can have the person in KY ship it to them.

12. Soeaking of which, the gun range I go to is also a gun shop. When I was at the range yesterday I asked them and they accept transfers.

I was asking if they had a Hellcat OSP in stock and they said yes, but when he looked it up it was a transfer. So I asked their transfer fee and it’s $30.

13. Tristan

Thanks. Every time we travel I think "I should stop at a gun shop". Guess I won't bother.

14. Jedb

You can if you want rifles immediately.
    Or you can pay them and have pistols shipped to your home shop. Just can't take possession at the time.

15. Tristan

Until we find a property where I can set up a 100 yard+ target I've got enough long guns. With the current ammo situation I don't even bother bringing anything but 22's to the range.

16. Damn I feel like an asshat.

Springfield doesn’t supply the plates for mounting optics with the gun anymore. They were taking too much of a hit with supplying several plates, and the customer only needs one. So you just email/call and they will send you the exact one.

Did that, then called FN for the same reason.

Spent 20 minutes going through the menu, then being on hold. Finally got a guy to answer, gave him all the info, SN, etc and told him I need a plate to mount a Trijicon optic.

Then he says “Did you look in the case, it came with multiple cases to mount any optic”.

Fuck me. :crackup:

jrsamples and Sabre699 like this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm concerned about you, George. :D

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Check out the ammo for sale by the CMP. I'm not sure if it's restricted to clubs but they seem to have everything in stock.

19. redtailracing

Where is that at? Not finding it on their website

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous