1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Do you have any other Sigs?

If so, how does the grip compare?

I’ve got a few Sigs and love the grip and ergos, but they are bigger guns, not really EDC material.

If the 365 has a larger/thicker grip compared to ones like the G43X and the XD .45 I just got, I might look into one.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

How many guns do you carry every day Tackleberry?

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Look at the P938 also. It's a really nice gun and shoots well for a tiny 9mm. Mine has the rubber ergo grip on it that makes it nice to shoot if you have large hands. Also comes standard with night sights.

It's not perfect. I don't like having a safety on a carry gun, but its single action and has a light trigger so you're stuck with that. I really wish it had a double action trigger so I could carry it hammer down. It will also fail to feed if you limp wrist it, but welcome to little guns.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. All of them.

:D

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Speaking of ranking pistols, it seems you've owned and shot many. Ever handled a CZ? I had a chance to shoot a couple older ones awhile back and they're the only things I've shot that I rank up there with the HKs I've handled. And I hear the newer ones are even better. Even though I actually don't care that much for shooting pistols (more of a rifle guy), I've been kinda lusting after a CZ. Just curious what your experience is with them and where they fall on your list.

6. Unfortunately, I’ve never shot a CZ. They are hard to find around here. But I have heard a lot of good things about them.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Never heard anything bad about CZ. Recently saw a newer CZ...thought is was a VP9.

8. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

have not been here in a hot minute, hope everyone is ok & healthy.

I actually prefer shooting the 2 1911’s I own over my other pistols (Glock & HK). I recently p/u a Staccato C that I’ve only put tru 50rds, so far and I don’t think, in the future-can purchase anything other than a 1911/2011.

9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

the 365 grip is narrow and my hand is XL but it shoots great and super comfortable to carry. I wouldn’t want to plink with it or shoot a match but for defense I think it’s the shit.

10. I’ll check one out tomorrow.

I want to get a full size H&K VP9. I’ll check out the 365 while I’m there.

Triple X likes this.
  11. redtailracing

Do it. You will not regret it (the VP9 that is)

Triple X and Gorilla George like this.
  12. fastfreddie

Gorilla George, from curiosity, how do the 1911s fit your hand and is that with a flat or arched mainspring housing?

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Once you go with a CZ metal gun regardless of model, it'll be hard to go back to anything else. Their polymer p10c & P07 hammer gun feel like better fitment Glocks with better ergos & trigger...and slightly less expensive.

terminus est likes this.
  14. redtailracing

The two I shot were a 75 and another model that I can’t remember. It was that day that I understood why they’re popular in competitions.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

My buddy I go shooting with uses a 75 for competitions. He has one thats all decked out and worked over and another regular one. Both are real nice.

I also have a VP9. Its smooth as butter and never skips a beat. Dan Wesson PM9 still the best handgun I've ever shot I think, but its like 3x VP9s of money so I'm passing for now, not into this enough to justify that when I got 2 partially built motorbikes. That'd be my next one though if I had to choose.

16. fastfreddie

I'm not a 9mm guy but I'm drawn to the VP9. The only reason I have a 9mm at all is cuz P7...

Triple X likes this.
  17. Ive only shot one 1911, and i use the term "shot" loosely. I have a Kimber Custom II...and it is a piece of shit.

I have managed to get one round through it. Not being sarcastic....the gun has fired exactly once. It jams every...fucking...time. I have tried 4 different types of ammo, and got some Wilson Combat magazines for it, nothing works. The gun simply won't load. So i said fuck it and threw it in a drawer somewhere. I dont even know where it is at the moment.

I was at Academy and they only had one 1911 in stock. I wanted to try one, but i saw the Kimber had mixed reviews. But almost all of them pertained to the magazines. I decided to give it a try anyway. If you remember, alot of people had issues with the P227 TACOPS (14+1, .45ACP) magazines. but by now ive got well over 2,000 rounds through all 4 magazines it came with, without a single failure.

I figured id give the Kimber a try, and worst case scenario, i get affamarket mags. They didnt work either.

Senna likes this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Kimber became shit when Ron Cohen took over as head of the company. He then went on to work as head of SIG and has caused a bit of a downgrade in their QC and testing. The 365 and 320 both had issues for about a year after their launch.

I do miss my 938. That’s the only 9mm that could truly conceal regardless of clothing. I’m generally a huge SAO fan but with the rest of my guns being glocks, I sold it and just stuck with my 43. I miss it.

If I was shopping for a range 1911 these days, I’d go Les Baer.

19. fastfreddie

Okay, but how do the 1911s fit your hand and is that with a flat or arched mainspring housing?

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!! My Form 4 was approved yesterday!!! :beer:

Just had to share....back to your regular scheduled GG 1911 bashing.

dobr24 likes this.