1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Thanks for the feedback.

Im not necessarily looking for a 1911/2011. I am looking for something smaller, a Subcompact (EDC), that is a double stack .45.

Such a gun may not exist. But I figured it anyone knew, it would be you guys.

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

How about a G 30

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I can't think of a sub-compact double stack .45 that fits the description you are giving. Rock Island has a strange one, can't remember the model name but it's a small fat little fucker. There are more options in what i would call "compact", G19 sized. Such as the G30 mentioned above, the M&P 45c, Sig 320 .45 compact and USP45/HK45 compact. But they are bigger than what you seem to be angling for.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Either the BCG or a lighter buffer tube spring. I’m no expert either.

5. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

I have the XD-e in 9mm with a Hogue grip sleeve installed, Works great to thicken up the grip.

But the gun you really want is the XD mod 2 double stack. Unfortunately they quit making them a year or two ago, but your dealer might be able to find you one.

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Akai and Infinity. Got time to wait?

7. Only if it would be the only option. The ergos on Glocks don’t suit me for some reason.

8. Yeah, those are a little bigger than what I’m looking for.

I have the Sig P320 Compact (9mm) and love it. I might could conceal it during the winter, but that’s about it.

I normally just have on gym clothes (shorts and a t-shirt). So I have one of those belts from Aliengear (think weightlifting belt) that accepts an IWB holster. Then I have holsters for the Hellcat, and G43x, with holsters ordered for the XD-9 and H&K VP9 SK.

So I’m looking more along that size of gun. Something I could conceal year round.

9. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

the 30 is slightly bigger than the 26 which makes it considerably smaller than the 19. I tried the 19 for carry and really didn’t like it. The 26 is really good but it’s on the back burner now that I have the 365

11. shakazulu12

Kinda what I thought. But if you want to go small and double stack in a .45, this is the only one I've ever seen

https://www.armscor.com/firearms/ria/bbr-series/bbr-3.10

[​IMG]

12. shakazulu12

I wouldn't say "considerably", I've had all three. The 30 is a good half inch taller than the 26 and about a quarter inch shorter than the 19. You can get a 30 closer in size to a 26 if you can find the mythical 9 round flush mags. But Glock stopped making them and they command a premium if you can ever find anyone willing to give them up.

13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

@Gorilla George
    I have an XD-s in 45 and love it. I have big hands so it’s not a perfect fit for my hand but I added Talon grip to it and it adds a little (very little) more width to the grip but the big difference is the texture.
    That with a pinky grip magazine and I love it.
    Maybe those and a larger back strap could get you closer to what you want.
    (I’m not sure if you can get a bigger back strap for the XD-e just think out loud).

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Picked up a Sig Sauer P365 recently. It’s small, light and stupid easy to conceal/carry. Easy AF to fire.

Only negative was the 10 and 12 round magazines, which left the grip area too small for my hand. So I bought the 15 round magazine. Problem solved.

Love this gun.

16. Thanks AA, I ordered some
    Talon grips last night. I ordered the set made for the gun, then also ordered some of the 1” x 4” “do it yourself” strips.

I’ll add a strip or two to the sides, then put the specific kit on over the top of them. That might build it up a little.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  17. After putting 200 rounds through it today, I can’t speak highly enough about the XD-M Elite.

It has the same sights as the Hellcat (which I love), good trigger feel and crisp reset, great ergos, and a 20 round capacity.

It’s a little big for EDC (at least during the summer). But shooting wise, I rank it in the top 2-3 of any I’ve shot, slightly ahead of the Sig P320 Compact.

I have the 20 round extended mag for the Sig, so that is a wash. But overall, I rank the XD-M Elite just a little higher.