1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyways... when using a magnifier/red-dot combo, why do you put the magnifier closest in the line of sight and the dot after? aren't you just looking at a big ass dot then? why wouldn't you want your tiny dot over a larger picture of the target? the magnifier optic has to be closer to your face to work properly? i seriously never thought about that until right now, and haven't used a combo yet.

2. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

000B71B4-BE8D-4425-A58C-4767D7071E58.jpeg 08D88A5E-F2B2-488A-B991-BC348E6370CF.jpeg E5660A63-E146-48AD-A7B2-3D720E4F1BCE.jpeg EBD6D8FF-A467-4227-9AA5-0130C7C4DB17.jpeg 30 day wait over and picked up the G45. Testing it inside the CAA MCK chassis. Added the Magpul flip up sights, light and may add the Holosun 508T optic.

Steeltoe, Razr and noles19 like this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Cuz you won't be able to see shit through the magnifier if you do it backwards. Every scope has an eye relief distance, which is usually around 2-4 inches. So reversing the order of the dot sight and the magnifier would yield you with a nice red dot over a black background, or some small distorted view of what you're looking at (depending on the distance to your eye). Putting in the magnifier closer to your eye is the way to go. Yes the dot gets a bit bigger but not as much as you think, plus everything else gets bigger too so the dot size stays the same in relation to what you're looking at.

Ruger AR556.jpg

Steeltoe and Sweatypants like this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

sp-01 is money in my hands

6. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Exactly. A fun toy for use at the range, and concealable if I so choose. Also, I've seen video where dudes are more accurate with the MCK than just the hand gun. Either way, its going to be fun to shoot.

7. Sweatypants

Yea i wasn't thinking about the eye relief part, thanks. Makes sense. I wanna try one, one time on my Micro T2 and see what it looks like.

8. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Ran through 200 rounds of sig FMJ this morning, fucking flawless! CMMG Banshees are the shit, I’m telling everyone right now, buy one whatever your flavor. 10mm, 9mm, 5.7 whatever, it’s simply amazing. How these don’t have a 6 month waiting list to get one is beyond me. The EOtech was just fastened on, 10 right and 10 down and it was dead on at 25 yards.

I also shot my deathstalker 420 crossbow today at 40 and 50 yards for the first time, they named it right. I packed up after 4 bolts, it’s a silent rifle.

gt#179 and galloway840 like this.
  9. sbk1198

Well the AR I posted a pic of is gonna be for sale most likely. Haven't posted it for sale anywhere but I'm strongly considering it, since I just got another one which I like better.

10. Sweatypants

Haha I only "need" one. But thanks. I'd rather spend money on motorbikes right now than more gun gizmos. That Aimpoint 6x is expensive man.

11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My first manners. Definitely worth the weight (pun intended)
    Weight and balance are on point now and the grip is great. Had to order a new action screw for the front though so gotta wait to shoot it :(
    [​IMG]

lizard84 likes this.
  12. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

13. fastfreddie

What, you need something to DIAF? :D
    I wouldn't shoot it through anything I cared about and certainly not in a dry environment without taking precautions.
    I shoulda bought that Very pistol when I had the chance... wm_805867.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  14. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

No just a little mad at myself for missing out on one of these.lol

https://www.boringcompany.com/not-a-flamethrower

15. sbk1198

Oh that's all it takes huh? Well then, let me get my "not a suppressor". Fuck you ATF and fuck your forms I guess! lol Also in the market for a "not a machine gun"...

16. fastfreddie

Propane does not a flamethrower make...that's just a light duty torch in a sensationalized package.
    Real flamethrowers, btw, are not illegal.

sbk1198 and Photo like this.
  17. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Photo likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

20. sbk1198

I was thinking the same thing. Flame is only a few feet long and it rises right away. Pretty impractical. A real flame thrower breaths fire pretty much straight ahead for about 30 feet easily, and doesn't use propane.