1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

How do you like the Rock Island double stack?

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

not in todays prices for a wasr but if you can find one for sayyyyy under $600 then get it.

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Not the RI, but I love my STI. Same frame design as the RI.

5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It’s fun, I had almost no ammunition other than some Underwood, typical 1911, accurate, soft shooting compared to other non 1911 10mm stuff. The first couple of times is weird shooting a 1911 that isn’t empty after 7 or 8 rounds, weird but awesome.

6. Critter

Critter Registered

I have smaller hands and I shoot an STI double stack and seem to do OK with it, I use a small main spring housing and short trigger

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Educate me on mag pouches/ holders for Glock 19. Two mag or three mag? Shooting steel , probably going to sign up for a handgun class in three weeks.

OWB not looking at concealed carry

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

9. Steak Travis

Thanks. Finally went over to the pistol bays with a buddy at the range I go to after some long range shooting and they have all the steel and silhouette pistol shooting targets, Texas star, the light pole looking ones,etc. Put around 200 round down range and it was freakin awesome. Went and picked up a Glock right after. I've never been into pistol shooting but that was way fun. I've owned plenty of pistols and always end up selling them because I get so bored shooting paper but I've got the bug now.

scottn, Jed and Steeltoe like this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It is a blast. Have fun! And buy a reloading press. You'll get hooked.

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Glad to hear. That’s a great range with great people. I miss the 1000 yard range though.

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

That’s before I was aware of it, all I known is the 100, 200, 300 and 600 yards lines in addition to the shorter yardage lines.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The 600 used to be 1000 when I started shouting there 10 years ago. A few years back they talked of talking it out to a mile but instead shrunk it jack for the hunters beyond the range. We’ve had a few machine gun shoots at their back ranges.

14. Steak Travis

Signed up for a pistol class. Only ammo I can find locally in bulk is wolf 9mm steel cased ammo. Will this be ok? It’s pretty cheap for 500 rounds needed for the class. The class is May 17th so covid shipping delays are a potential issue/ availability

15. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Steak Travis likes this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Just an FYI, steel rounds aren’t allowed at some ranges(mostly indoor ranges) You may wanna check with the range.

17. Steak Travis

Looking in the rules and Checking with instructor- I know I’ve seen it on the ground but people that don’t clean up their brass may not give a f about the rules.

ordered some good ammo
    From sgammo. Now I’m wondering if I should have gotten a 40 cal for shooting steel! Internet nerds saying 9mm can be a little light sometimes.

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Indoor or outdoor range?

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

20. Steak Travis

Outdoor