1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ok. I’ve only seen the restriction at indoor ranges. Have fun! :beer:

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I've seen restrictions on steel bullets, steel-jacketed bullets and steel core bullets but never on steel-cased cartridges.

galloway840 likes this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I’ve been to an indoor range that uses a magnet to determine if the ammo is allowed.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm guessing the magnet is used to detect steel core.
    Generally if the projectile contains steel its a fire and ricochet hazard. ...
    Additionally, steel projectiles place accelerated wear and damage to steel backstops and target systems over a short period of time.

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

best place to shop and their business has been so busy due to covid that they have shut the site down couple times. Prices are so rapey now as the s&b 9mm was $100 less a case couple months ago

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah price was steep but I think my order from sg should ship today or tomorrow. I got an email saying it was completed but assuming tracking will come in a bit.
    I also got my invoice for a manners stock today. Expensive two days!

plus this BS and no power since Sunday
    [​IMG]

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

FYI RKguns has the m+p shield 9 "we the people" for $289 right now

9. Tristan

annnnnddddd....sold out.

They have a very sexy looking CZ P-09 9mm at $499

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i want the sp-01 tactical thats suppressor ready......i will eventually get it!!!

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hey...at least it missed the mail box.

12. Tristan

The P-09 at RK is suppressor ready...and holds 21 rounds

13. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

FFDBD69B-7CC9-4131-802A-C2653C38227B.jpeg Finally was able to pick the DDM4 up today. Got the Holosun HS512 optic on it for now.

Sweatypants, Jed, Chris and 1 other person like this.
  14. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Any take on .327 Federal magnum? Was looking at SP101 for something comparable to the Lady Smith 357, it just caught my eye as a caliber I knew nothing about.

15. fastfreddie

I've been looking at pistol caliber carbines since who knows when...they seem to come and go. The latest one to depart the market was Beretta's CX4 Storm. So, fuggit, I've just become a 300 BLK pistol fanboy. :D
    I hear 9" is the sweet spot for barrel length and BCM is the only one I can find in that length. Not wanting to piece anything together so, who else offers a 9" barrel in a complete package so's I can do some comparison shopping?
    One other thing, no M-lok or KeyMod handguards, I want Picatinny/1913 rails. If they were good enough for my great-great-grandpappy... :D

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I remember the Storm going for $199 at Gander Mountain not long after it came out.

17. fastfreddie

I remember picking one up and thinking, eh, not now. :rolleyes:
    There's a few things in life I'm kickin' myself about. :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You'll be fine with anything up to a 12" barrel, after that there are no real gains.
    Palmetto has 8.5" and 10.5" complete weapons
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/pa-15-rifles.html?caliber_multi=2029

AeroPrecision has the upper, again in 8" and 10"
    https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15/upper-receivers/complete-uppers?caliber=27

And, like anything else, you can spend above and beyond...
    https://noveske.com/products/10-5-gen-4-shorty-rifle-1

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The CMMG Banshee is here! 10mm sweetness.EOTech XPS2 Green, Sig Sauer Juliet6 6x24 Magnifier (I'm old) Magpul MBUS Offset flip-up sights.
    Looking forward to getting this puppy to the range after the work week.:cool:

[​IMG]

gt#179, sbk1198, Sabre699 and 3 others like this.
  20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

that looks good. I keep thinking I"ll get one on 9mm or 300BO in the near future. put a can on it and have my own little sewing machine. I like the 300 ambi controls. Felt good and looked good when I played with one recently.