1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I bought my 1895 Marlin about forty years ago. It has been a wonderful rifle. My son's brand new Marlin 30-30 just feels rough by comparison. In contrast, my daughter's little Henry lever gun just impressed me out of the box. I guess I need to get someone to let me shoot a new 1894.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Some Flitz or liquid jewelers rouge can be a wonderful thing...

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Who has an AK? I want an AK. Is a WASR worth a damn? I kinda want to wait for PSA to release their AK74. The 5.45 round is intriguing.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn 'Toe.....what's up with that glowing avatar?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

UV cures that Covid bro. You never saw The Last Dragon?

6. fastfreddie

Glowing? Is that what they call it now? :D

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hehe that's what I'm calling it! Can't catch the 'rona when you got The Glow.

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Never shot one personally but I will at some point cuz my dad just bought an AK-47 recently. Authentic Romanian made WASR, basically this one:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/romanian-ak-7-62x39-semiauto-wasr-10-ri1805n/

He seems to like it. I'm curious how it feels and shoots. Hopefully I get to go shooting with him when things go back to normal and I can try it out, and he can try out my AR's.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

9 Hole Reviews has several AK accuracy videos. Them and AK Operators Union have some great content.

sanee likes this.
  10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I bought a micro draco by Century Arms about two weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet, but can't wait.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

In another lifetime I bought 2 Saigas, 7.62x39 and 5.56 and converted them. This was when they were sub $200, I think I paid $169 for the first one which seems ridiculous today. Both were excellent shooters. Only real complaint would be the safety lever isn’t the most convenient but I believe there are options for that these days.

Steeltoe and SpeedyE like this.
  12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

This NF is bad ass at the range but it being FFP Totally f’d me on hogs super close and 200 yards. Dicking with the magnification to get a reticle I could see on hogs moving around and me on a dirt bike made for one kill instead of multiple. My fault for having the wrong tool for the job. O well!
    00CC88E8-7CF3-4CEE-8861-02DC70543E5D.jpeg

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

Illumination is your friend when your target is on the move.

Steak Travis likes this.
  14. Steak Travis

Hitting the horn while trying to jump off didn’t help give me extra time either hah

There was a bit of operator error but I definitely felt more rushed dealing with the scope

15. fastfreddie

Surely you were just being a gentleman and giving them a sporting chance. :crackup:

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Manatee Gun & Archery Club was busy today, nice to get out and ventilate some targets. The CZ was really really nice, I should have bought one years ago. I was almost out of 10mm but the Underwood 200 grain hard cast good in the rock island double stack, typical 1911, very easy to shoot well.

[​IMG]

Steeltoe and J Bart like this.
  17. fastfreddie

True story. :D
    So I made the short trip to EuroOptic yesterday to check a few things out in person. I had previously only ever been to their warehouse but the new storefront showroom is something else, like walking up to the second floor of the Beretta store on Fifth Ave. except instead of a buncha high-end shotguns you have all these high-end distance shooters. I had to avert mine eyes to stay focused.
    Having recently been made aware of Beretta's upgraded PX4, I figured I needed to take a look at this reportedly, severely under-rated handgun. First I checked the standard model...slide release, decocker/safety, mag button all seemed nice enough, not too big, not too small, relatively smooth and precise feel to their operation. Then I checked out the "Carry" version...all controls had been wittled away to near barely enough there - not too sure I liked that, the operational feel was pretty much the same. The biggest disappointment came when the realization hit me...
    I don't have double-stack hands. :(

18. Steak Travis

Eurooptic keeps sending me stuff in the mail. Not sure If my amex appreciates it

19. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

If you don't want them, you could forward the packages to me :D

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That is why I carry a Shield instead of an M&P. My hands are just too small for an ideal grip on a double-stack. They're great when working on bikes, but terrible when freakish banana fingers are necessary.