1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I recently bought myself a Dan Wesson stainless .44 mag with an 8" heavy barrel. It has to be the most accurate handgun I have ever owned. I don't know if I just got lucky, but this thing is sweet.

MachineR1 likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:eek:
    Nah...I'm okay with 30-30. :oops:
    Fun, not, not...ah, fuck it.
    45-70.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Got a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull waiting for me at local FFL. Ordered it a few weeks ago and it showed up this past week, but now they are closed. Looks like I wont get to try it out for a bit yet. :(

MachineR1 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got to check out a Canik (sp?) last night. Unless the dude was completely lying about the price I was floored. Made in Turkey or some other craptastic place and totally impressive.

Jedb likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

One of the best guns on the market for the money. Made basically by the Turkish military. They’re a Walther clone but built better in ways. Love the decocker. Great trigger. And stupid cheap.

6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I got this yesterday, always wanted one, it feels great in the hand, all steel which to me is a big plus, love the weight of it, love the lack of a loose link on the barrel. I'm going to install an M* CARBO $20 kit and call it perfect. Could have walked out with a Hellcat too, I'll pass.

[​IMG]

418 and Quicktoy like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What would be a comparable in the subcompact market, 9mm or .40?

Need to replenish the pocket pistol coffers, the PF9 I used to carry (and that fit like buttah in an IWB in the pocket of my tacticool work pants) is no longer available. I liked the size and feel of it, disassembly sucked for cleaning, and feature-wise I loathe the chambered round indicators of the LC series. Hammerless. Available with extended mag with pinky grip. For $40. ;)

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Glock 43x with that new 15 round mag someone is making for it. My god what an awesome setup with that aftermarket mag.

That being said, I just bought myself my first new gun in a few years since I had a blue label coupon. So I bought myself a Gen5 17 MOS to shoot GSSF with. It’s in the back having Johnny Glocks do his magic to it.

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m thinking a 15rd mag in a subcompact would make it look like a Mac-10, and probably wouldn’t quite fit in the same pocket the PF9 did :p

10. Quicktoy

That’s just it. It doesn’t extend out. 43x fits fine in the pocket. This is an all metal mag that holds 15 rounds in place of the stock 7 or 8

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

A Glock 43x holds 10+1 does it not? Not 7 or 8. I don’t care how great the new mag is supposed to be and it’s reviews, my advice would be to run glock mags in glocks.

Plus, if you’re going to run that steel mag your also really talking about switching the mag release to steel also. So that’s two non-oem items directly related to properly feeding your defense weapon of choice.

I’d have no problem betting my life on a minor trigger job mod, no so a magazine.

Quicktoy and DucatiBomber like this.
  12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Any body run a screw on comp on a Glock with a dot and it fail to cycle. I’ve had the slide milled way down and running an 11 lb spring so I’m out of ideas.
    Thanks

13. fastfreddie

Buddy bought an Hellcat, he likes it as his new carry. With a red dot on it, he says he can't miss. Loaded mag weighs more than the gun! :crackup:
    It felt natural in my hand.

XFBO likes this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I need to play with one of those. That may be my next purchase. The capacity in a sub 9mm is impressive at 4" tall.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine brought his by the shop, nice pistol..he had two spare mags and got alittle offended when I giggled at him..."What?" WTF? ..He asks me "How many mags do you carry?" Ahhh, the one in the gun...I am not an actor in a movie series"...I guess that wasn't funny either...except to me.

Do you guys really pack for a running gun battle>?

16. fastfreddie

Not me, but I do have two extra mags for all the handguns.
    Makes range time less tedious and there's always the possibility of a range war breaking out. :D

In fact, all my firearms are set up for “extra”. ;)

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

But you don't EDC them right??
    I have plenty of spares, and usually have one or two in the truck or tank bag, but not in my wasteband...fk..I'm not looking to extend any fire fight..stats say they aren't that long..except in the hoods (where I don't go)

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

If you can't hit shit with 7 - 8, you might as well try a second mag. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Cheers,

Dave

Sabre699 and Britt like this.
  19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

The scene from Pulp Fiction comes to mind . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Size wise- the new Hellcat or older M&P Shield might fit what you're looking for....having both, I'd lean Hellcat mostly due to its capacity.

How many gun battles have you been in? Do you know how you're going to react if you're getting shot at? Call me crazy but I'd rather have maximum capacity.....just in case. :D