1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

It all depends on where I have to go.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Define your version of "Gun battles"... I have been in altercations involving firearms being discharged..it was less than a cylinder in one case and another was about half or less of a 8rd magizine, one involving a shotgun was two rounds.
    I don't count drive bys where it is random fire...losing count is easy...:)

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The trainer in my cc class is a firearms trainer for the state police. He showed us a few vids and many times they went more than halfway through or emptied a high cap mag. They shoot until there is no threat. Not everyone hits the dirt from a 9mm hit not to mention the misses that go along with a shoot out. I carry one extra mag and my main thoughts are escaping not killing. I try to shoot a couple or more times a month so that reloads and clearing jams are muscle memory.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Two things you can never have too much of, gas in a plane and bullets in a gun.

GM GIXXER likes this.
  5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

The magazine is the cheapest, most abused and under maintained part of that weapon system. Makes sense to have a reload on you.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There's the problem. Be sure of your target before you squeeze. You might get shot anyway so you might as well take the time to put an end to it sooner, reducing the potential to be hit.
    I want no part of being in proximity to panicky, spray-a-pray amateur warriors when shtf...they'll get you killed. :D

@Britt, actually, I do carry extra mags...I use shoulder holsters and the spares help balance the load. I see your point if I carried a lightweight compact in a belt, tho'.
    I just don't have confidence in a small holster's retainment for a 5″ 1911 and a P7 isn't the easiest to shop for, let alone the cringe factor if either went skatin' across the pavement. I'd go fucking Postal! :D

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So outside of Active Duty Combat and LEO's, how many of you have been in Gun Battles where you used more than one magazine?
    Call of Duty does not count..

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Discharging a round? Three times and I fired two rounds and the third was coming up with a shot gun at balls level and the situation changed real freakin' fast.

At me? three or four times including: a drive by at the house I was renting (former crack house) which wasn't even on the same street as they were supposed to shoot up. Had a drunk and pilled redneck try and shoot me but he passed and shot his truck. A guy I rejected from the bar I was doing the door at came back and shot up the front of the bar. A guy tried to rob me and it didn't go as he thought it should.

So, two rounds total, maybe three. :D I'm cheap, didn't want to waste money and shit.

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

you claim that you don’t go in the hood but have had multiple “altercations involving firearms being discharged”. Either you are or were a stunt double on “Hunter” or you must live/ed an alternate lifestyle in the underworld supplementing your income, ima have to call you out on the above. Something ain’t addin’ up, Spill it!

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

This post reminds me of the something someone posted here sometime back where you went Full Retard on the dude. I would love for someone who is more astute with the beeb’s search feature to locate it. Or you could just fill us in? I don’t know if it was just me or what but I wanna say that you caught a few beebers off guard with your gangster style threats. You offered some sort of half assed response to what the situation was.

11. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Sig 365? 10 +1 or there are a few Sig made larger capacity options. One of the 10 rounders it comes with has a pinky extension. Field strip for cleaning isn't an issue. Comes with nice night sights. Very easy to conceal. No issues at all so far, with only about 500 rds. thru it.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I said the same thing until I played with the mag in the gun. I was quite impressed.

13. Quicktoy

Yes. You have to time a compensator on a Glock just right.
    Send it to Johnny Glocks. He can set it up right.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I do carry an extra now. It started out being for a different reason, but then I just continued carrying an extra because it felt natural/I was used to it. 1911 mags are pretty slender though.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I grew up and stopped getting into the middle of Stupid & FuckedUp. (none of the above is in the last 32yrs, teens and 20's were just really troubling)

speedluvn likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

We refer to someone like Mr. Lynn as an OG.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on all these Triple Empty 21rnd mag dump stories...

shakazulu12 and DaveB like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Me? Nah man, I'm a pussy who couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag. I'm about as gangsta as herman munster.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A lot of people said that when Magpul started making AR mags.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Since I'm not going through 200 pages of posts I'll ask the beeb's opinion for a cheap 9mm that will live in the nightstand:

S&W SD9 VE
    Remington RP9
    Ruger Security 9

Or are these significantly better if I spend 200-ish extra?
    SIG P320
    S&W M&P M2.0
    Springfield XD-M Elite