1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’d build a 300 blkout pistol w/7.5” barrel and shoot subsonic 200 gr hollow point. With a small suppressor It’s really fun to shoot and penetration should be fine on killing but not blast through ur house into the neighbors. I like mine way more than my 9mm AR

XFBO and Kev59 like this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Curious, where are you getting your ballistic figures on the 300 Blkout? I’m in the process of building something and looking for that info for a place to start

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

He's shooting 200gr subsonic, it's basically the same as a .45.

Quicktoy and speedluvn like this.
  4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That sums it up
    You can go on most ammo manufacturing websites and get all the info you could want.

speedluvn likes this.
  5. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

Here is a similar one :cool:

Attached Files:

XFBO likes this.
  6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I have one in 4". Gave up a 6 shot 6"617 in the process. Wish I hadn't. The action on the 10 shot bound up the first time I shot it and the trigger feels like ass.

Honestly, I just can't bring myself to buy another S&W revolver. Bought a 627 that had to go back immediately bc the laser engraving on the barrel shroud was crooked af. Asked them to check the trigger while they were at it bc, even though it was my first PC gun from them, I couldn't believe the trigger on a PC gun was supposed to feel so scratchy. I was told there was nothing wrong with the trigger upon return.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with the sig p320 x5 legion?

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

P320 is amazing because it’s a Glock clone. Legion is amazing but heavy. Never had an X5.

On another note. I’m stoked because Hornady is the first ammo brand to finally load a subsonic 3030. I have my Marlin lever threaded and I never have time to load subs but it is the quietest gun I’ve ever heard with a can. You literally only hear the hammer fall on the second shot.
    https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/30-30-win-175-gr-sub-x#!/

jrsamples and Steeltoe like this.
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I just bought a 320 x compact. I like it. Shoots well enough. The take down lever is a bitch. Had a couple of stovepipes with the first 50 rounds.

10. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

What ammo were you using?

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It doesn’t matter. Anyone could get a few rounds to jam on a new one. They’re not broken in until over 500 rounds ;)

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It was cheap range fodder. I have heard that they use the same spring in the 9 that they use in the 40. Also some people cut a coil or two from the spring and find that it performs better with lower power ammo. I've got duty rounds in it now so they should cycle just fine.

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I had been pondering getting an AR47 for a while and after your response I ordered the parts to build an 80% one. Most of the fun stuff is coming today and Monday. Give me something to do with my spare time I guess. Going pistol build with the SB brace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phl218, rd400racer and Photo like this.
  14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Also it happened a couple of times while my GF shot it. Not exactly the strongest grip so that probably cocontributed to the FTEs.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

Kinda. I have the original X5 and wasn’t that impressed. I was pissed when the Legion came out shortly after and was better and cheaper. I ended up buying the Legion grip module with the tungsten infused and it completely transformed the gun. It shoots amazing. I would not hesitate a second to buy that Legion X5. I have the Legion 229 and it probably has the best trigger of all my pistols.

noles19 and MachineR1 like this.
  16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Run the 150gr Federal load w/ a 12 lb 1911 spring and the Springer Precision tungsten guide rod, makes it even flatter.

I'm interested to see if they'll release an even heavier grip, now that carry optics is now a 59 oz limit, the product manager for Sig pistols (Phil Strader) is a USPSA guy. The above setup + a TTI baseplate ran right up against the previous 45 oz limit, would be curious with maybe 5 oz or more. 59 oz sounds like a bit much though, but I could be wrong.

17. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

The only time I've ever had issues with mine was while trying to use cheap steel case FMJ at the range. At that point my Sig probably had 1k rounds through it without an issue, so I bought brass and the problem went away. You can use pretty much any ammo with Glocks, they're known as the AK of pistols, but Sig barrels are tighter so they don't do well with steel ammo.

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

AR47?

I have always heard it referee to as an ARAK (like a redneck pronouncing Iraq)

I need to purchase a real rifle... love the 9mm carbine for cheap range time, but something over 2000 FPS would be nice.

Semi auto seems practical, but 3030 lever gun seems more fun...

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Looks fun to me...
    [​IMG]

I swear, a 30-30 lever is my favorite gun that I've never owned. :D

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You meant to say 45-70.