1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It will fit in a holster :Poke:

sorry....had to!

4. No shit.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Um, that velocity isn't being generated out of a handgun's short barrel.
    Out of a pistol, it's more in line with existing high performance handgun loads. Yeah, it's a good bit faster but it has no punch. The ability to pack a magazine full of 20+ bitchin' stingers is its strong suit.

6. speedluvn

Not in MD :mad:

7. speedluvn

Let me get inebriated first, do a couple of lines of blow off a couple of hookers’ asses and I will respond to this post :Poke:

8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I've always wanted an FN 5.7 but the difficulty reloading them plus the price of the pistols has relegated it to "someday" status. Maybe a new Ruger might push me over the edge. Possibly some new ammo manufacturers and who knows what else.

Might have to look into this but also given that I'm an FN fanboy, maybe it'll drop the FN 5.7 down to reasonable levels. Guess it's time to read up on reloading the 5.7 again. I know it's hypersensitive to loads (i.e. you don't have much room for error with powder throws) and the cases can be a pain because of the finish. But maybe folks have figured it out by now.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I don’t know if you found a place and decided yet, but http://jagerwerks.com/glock-1/ seems to be one of the go to places for slide milling.
    Primary Machine gets good reviews as well.

11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

They're on my short list. Got it narrowed down to them and a couple others.

12. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Primary Machine I think is in the Atlanta area. Ran into them at an industry show recently. Nice guys and good products.

13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

The SuperBlackhawk Hunter is a fun tool. Load it with light 44 special loads and it's a "shoot all day" kinda fun. Then load up some hot 300gr XTP loads and remember what all the fuss is about.

My current SBH has a Nikon 2x scope on it. lots of fun to shoot pumpkins after halloween.

14. trancework

trancework It's always now...

so, with 7.5 you're shooting ~29-cal at over a buck a round?

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

This was lots of fun this weekend. Finally bit the bullet and got a gun for my 22 suppressor.
    FYI the Inforce mounting screw doesn't line up with the rail on the Glock model or the regular Picatinny model :( but it's tight enough for shooting the air and dirt at the farm with out the screw
    [​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  16. Scotty87

Inforce makes a Glock specific mount. I have one on my 20. It’s a nice light.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ruger’s new 5.7 handgun is nice and 400-500 cheaper than the FN

lizard84 likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve got both models of the inforce light but the rail on the m&p is just a tad too short for the screw to line up in a slot with their Glock and regular model.

19. Scotty87

Ah. Weird.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So I finally pulled the trigger last week and received my Hellcat today, initial impression of fit, feel n finish.....ME LIKEY! Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow, if the rain holds off!

I was pleasantly surprised to see it really was about the same size as my M&P Shield, the grip is slightly thicker but shallower than the M&P, overall size tho is about the same.

Razr and Quicktoy like this.