1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

THIS is exactly why that gun is not worthless. You really don't get that Wyatt?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

We did something similar in a CCW class, marked out 21 feet and then everyone took a turn running and trying to draw before the other person could run the 21 feet. No one was able to draw and shoot except for one and the runner was 66 and overweight.

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

It doesnt fit the handgun topic, but picked this up with a hefty discount from Dicks yesterday.

Beretta A300 Outlander

Attached Files:

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

We screwed around with that scenario just about a whole day. It is the big dummy drill, because that's the only one who will stand still knowing that someone is rushing at you.

5. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Looking for a double stack 1911 (2011) for some steel challenge and small time 3Gun.

Anybody got any experience with the Rock Island Armory Tac Ultra 9mm?

Unfortunately the STIs of this world are a tad out of my affordable range .

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Hmmm.

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and terminus est like this.
  7. Critter

Critter Registered

Whats your top budget I got a guy that can build one

8. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not much more than the cost of the RIA. I'd love to have one built tho, maybe one day.

9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Bought my first handgun Walther PPS M2 for $320 Black friday sale from a friend who is a FFL. Will go get my concealed carry license in a couple of weeks. Gonna go to the range and put a bunch rounds through it so I can get comfortable with it.

Attached Files:

terminus est likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Couldn't pass up a barely used SP101 I found on Armslist for $425 including a couple boxes of ammo, fancy grips and a padded case. Fun little pistol...my daughter likes it!

[​IMG]

Steeltoe and fastfreddie like this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Nice camo. I could see losing that in a corn field. :D

12. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

Yeah same as the rest but the trigger feels a little crisper if that makes sense. I liked it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. Critter

Critter Registered

My new Zombie killer, it is in 38 supercomp, and is awaiting a compensator and barrel poppels, and the scope should be ready to shoot this weekend. imagejpeg_0.jpg

14. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Nice piece! Is that one of those "0.81 sec reload" magwells? What kind of optic you going to run?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15. Critter

Critter Registered

Cmore scope and it is a Dawson Ice magwell,

16. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed shooting my buddy's. Have seriously considered getting one, but I already have a single stack 9mm and I need a new helmet. Congrats and enjoy!

17. G2G

G2G I feel the need

We will find out sunday. Headed to the range with a bunch of friends to get some rounds through it. Hopefully alot of rounds

tiggen likes this.
  18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I received the big flyer in the mail and noticed an item I hadn't seen before. Harbor Freight are now selling a knockoff Pelican style case. Being the cheap bastard I am I had to check one out. They are called Apache and I have to say I'm impressed.

I have an older SKB case that I'm pretty sure cost over $100. Side by side, there is almost no discernible difference between the two. SKB has a full piano hinge, yet the Apache almost seems stronger. The plastic thickness is identical. The closure snaps on the SKB might be better, but that is up in the air at this time. Both have two layers of foam.

Now the kicker...the Apache is $39 and of course you use the 20% off coupon. $34 out the door. This is the largest size, there are two smaller sizes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sitting on the Givi plate on my FZ...

[​IMG]

MikeR likes this.
  19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That Apache looks identical to some overpriced camera cases that I have. Thanks for sharing this. This is a great option that's affordable!

MikeR likes this.
  20. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Glad to know this. Been looking at those cases.