1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Forget about the body guard.buy a ruger lcp for about $170

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What ammo? Warranty won't cover reloads. (I personally won't own another s&w handgun simply because there are better options.)

3. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Enter Taurus who warranties any Taurus firearm, new or used. Maybe not the nicest or prettiest, but the company stands behind their products and customers.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

S&W used to have a great warranty. No cost, no questions, quick turnaround. Still like to know what ammo caused the squib?

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Factory loads. I will have to look for the brand. No way the loads were light. Plus I think I would have noticed a squib. At least I hope I would.
    I already have one for my CCW. Love it.

Photo likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If it's a factory load and you have the lot number you may be able to collect from them.

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

It’s $200. Not worth the headache to me. Just annoyed as all hell. Really disappointed with S&W. Did I mention they wanted $ to ship the unrepaired gun back? Probably the most expensive 6 shots I’ve ever taken.

Photo likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'd still send the lot number to the ammo manufacturer. If you don't pursue a repair they still want to know if a bad batch is on shelves. Which was it?

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Just picked up a sccy 9mm to use as a truck gun. You can pick them up on armslist for about $200.00 new. I can understand your disappointment with s&w

terminus est likes this.
  10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Winchester. I’ll drop them a note.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yikes! :eek:

That sucks and I feel for ya, I feel the same way towards VW after my negative experience with them.

12. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

awesome gun. I like it mainly because I'm a left when it comes to pistols. But I do a lot of manipulations with my right hand, so trying to train myself to do everything lefty and this will help. I've always liked 45ACP, but just never liked 1911 style pistols (I know, I know), so this one was good for me. I've done the o-ring on the thread protector (and might have more if you get one, drop me your address and I'll send you a couple) as well. Other than that just shoot the thing. It's very different feel than most other guns so you have to get used to it a bit more (trigger travel, sights, grip, etc) but I think it's a very very solid pistol

on another note, Cabelas was blowing out two different versions of the Trijicon RMR for like $300 a month or two ago. I bought one (RM07 with the 6.5 MOA adjustable LED) and while I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, it's nice and really completes the pistol.. keep an eye out over Black Friday, I"m sure a few companies will have them marked down again. There's a new version of the RMRs coming out, but the changes didn't mean enough to me to pony up another $350 for the latest version. Basically I got a Trijicon RMR for Burris FastFireIII price.

FNXTacSetup01.jpg

Hollywood likes this.
  13. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

She's on the bigger side but she's a high cap pistol for the caliber. Half polymer gun so when you pick it up your brain thinks "Glock weight" and then you remember that there's a double stack worth of .45 in it. Meh trigger that has a lot of take up but shoots off reset pretty well. If you've got XL Alpinestars sized hands or larger you should be able to handle and manipulate the pistol well. The sights from the factory are placed well and of course work great with an RMR. Factory grips are plenty abrasive, extra backstraps help mold to different hand heights well. Front lower rail is standard and mounts every light I've mounted on it. Factory barrel eats everything I've thrown at it. I really like all the control placement and having an external safety is helpful when getting ready to holster after shooting if you're a little amped up and don't want to set the hammer.

I like mine. It's a total bitch to find a good holster for. Even harder to find a thigh rig for, but there are custom makers out there that can work some magic if you need. They also hold their value and are kind of a niche gun, you can have over $2k in it easy with a light, RMR and a good holster.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Cabela's had the Trijicon RMR's for 350 shipped yesterday. I snagged one before they went out of stock. The main difference between the type two and original is simply that they redesigned the battery housing so it doesn't come loose on pistols. It wasn't designed to be mounted on a moving slide and some people were getting dot flicker. You can buy a seal for ten bucks on Jaegerworks that does the same thing on the type 1 and save a ton of money.

gt#179 likes this.
  15. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Appreciate the replies @Hollywood @gt#179 @Black89

FN is throwing in a Vortex Venom on rebate through the end of the year so I guess now is as good a time as any to pick one up.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Same here, I’ve had my full size M&P 40 for what must be over 10 years, bought the 9mm shield for something more concealable, awesome firearm. Tina & I were just at Ted’s firearms in st pete last Wednesday depleting another couple boxes of Winchester white box & ranger. Good stuff. Lasermax on the shield, crimson trace on the full size. I’d buy another S&W in a heartbeat.

MikeR likes this.
  17. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Exactly! Got a seriously good deal on each as well. Was told they would price match, all I had to do was show them the price and could even Google for the best deal. Just went in planning to by myself a new carry gun that day but, when they told me that, I called the wife and told her I was coming home with a new gun for her too lol! Got them both for a steal. Got the regular shield for $300 and the performance center shield for $375!

lizard84 likes this.
  18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Had my SW Shield PC 9mm for two years now. Only issue I've had is the carbon build up from the barrel ports can be a b$tch and it sucks up your lube quick from that blow back. Otherwise extremely accurate and runs anything you put thru it.

XFBO likes this.
  19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Preach on!
    [​IMG]

MikeR likes this.
  20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Did you try fool book? It is the only thing that worked for my brother. Although it was not s&w, it was with winchester. He had a comp skeet gun (don't remember maker, but was very expensive) to blow up at his face due to a squib wad. This was when the ammo first came out.

Nobody (gun maker or ammo maker) would give him the time of day until he posted picks and told his story on their FB. Then the sea suddenly parted and both companies were now friendly. But the deal he made included him giving them the gun, which I'd never had done.

XFBO likes this.