1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

He said single action(revolver), not single shot.

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

my smiley didn't work as I'd hope'd on conveying that I knew my single shot wasn't the single action he was looking for :( but Britt, if you are looking for a vaquero or something, they pop up on Tennessee gun owners marketplace every couple months.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I get emails from Palmetto State Armory daily, and from what I see there are some pretty good deals. Except I don't know shit about the damn acronyms they use. Does somebody want to fill me in on what some of this stuff means? I don't really feel like joining another forum if I'm going to put together one rifle.

PSA 16" Midlength 5.56 NATO 1:7 Stainless Stealth Freedom M-Lok Upper With MBUS Sight Set No BCG or CH - 516446201

PSA 16" CHF Midlength 5.56 NATO 1:7 Upper Without BCG or Charging Handle - 26409

PSA 7" Nitride 5.56 1/7 6.5" M-Lok SOB MOE Pistol Kit- 516446464

M-LOK
    MBUS
    CHF
    SOB
    MOE

What the heck do these mean?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

M-lok is a type of rail to mount all your tacticool stuff to. MOE is something about the military but not sure what. I think it just means super tacticool. MBUS is a Magpul sight. CHF is a method of forging metal. SOB is son of a bitch.

Hope I helped :D

Hell, hope I got half of them right...

rd400racer likes this.
  5. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Yep they suckered me in with one of those emails the other day. Bought the Ruger .380 for like $170..... I almost bought an AR that looked like a good deal I just don't know enough about their (they being PSA's) quality of build. Other's here might be able to offer some thoughts.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

M-LOK - This is a rail type. The attachments going on use "m-lock" instead of the more traditional locking mechanisms
    MBUS - Magpul Back up Sights. Flip up/down Iron sights.
    CHF - Chro-moly Hammer Forged (I believe)
    SOB - I believe it refers to the type of brace for the AR-Pistol.
    MOE - Magpul Original Equipment

7. rd400racer

Thank you sir, that makes sense. Now to pick out which set-up to put together. dantheman, I read somewhere that Palmetto has pretty good quality. I'd like to hear some reviews from actual buyers too.

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

BCG - bolt carrier group

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Except I think they're plastic :D

10. Jedb

Originally, back up sights were Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS), but magpul started making them out of polymer, so they are now MBUS, avoiding the iron.

11. Jedb

I also forgot.

BCG: Bolt Carrier Group
    CH: Charging Handle

12. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

CHF is Cold Hammer Forged

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't do that man. Buy a complete rifle. Or at least a complete upper. How much you looking to spend?

Larue is selling uppers so cheap now I'm having a hard time not buying another!

14. Jedb

Thank you.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

How cheap and where? I have a built lower with nothing on it at the moment.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bruh. We're talking 1moa for $800 or so. And they're offering a variety of calibers. Great time to get into a Larue. I paid around that much for my bcm kmr lightweight complete upper. And that was without the fire control group. Ugh but I WANT a Larue. So tempting.

https://www.larue.com/category/uppers/upper-kits/

17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It was covered but I'll just add one thing. Cold Hammer Forged barrels are a premium made barrel.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Premium price but not necessarily better. It's just a different method of manufacturer. Might add some life to a barrel if you're doing several thousand rds a year. Or full auto.

Has nothing at all to do with accuracy. Imo it's a marketing gimmick most will never benefit from.

Scotty87 likes this.
  19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Agreed for the most part especially about accuracy. But it is a better product. Plus some of us do shoot thousands of rounds a year. ;) But let's be honest, a whole lot of the gun market is premium parts that most people will never benefit from. But God bless them and please by all means, keep spending money on guns!:D

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. rd400racer

Shit, I don't know what I want. I'm embarrassed to admit I've had a DPMS LR308 for two years and I have shot one magazine with it. 20 freakin shots. I'd just as soon sell that towards a basic Springfield M1a with wood furniture.

Steeltoe likes this.