1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Eh, that 380 can't hit me from there.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm a pretty good shot.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

How good when the target is shooting back? :D

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:crackup: I haven't tried that yet.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Paige will just shoot you in the knees so you can't run and then she'll circle you putting rounds after round into non vital spots. Like a shark with rabies and packing a .380. :D

6. I’d imagine that’s not that easy. “Hey, stop for about 15s, I have to get into my breathing rythym to get good aim at you- thank you” :)

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Well my one knee is shot anyways, so she'd probably be doing me a favor.

8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Bought my first firearm on Friday. Mossberg 590 Shockwave. Using this for home protection. All my friends thought I was crazy being a combat veteran and did not own a firearm. Been out of the military for 28 years and finally bit the bullet. LOL Seeing I live where I do it might be smart to own one now. Looking for a 9mm handgun now. Going to the range in a couple of weeks to see what feels good to me so I can tell santa what I want for christmas.

Attached Files:

DucatiBomber and terminus est like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Does that thing come with a trench coat? :D

G2G likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Anyone here shot a gen 5 ? the 19 fit better than the gen 4. Not that I need one since i have a 320C that's great

11. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Hope you don't have arthritis....cause you're gonna..haha

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Held one. Will shoot it next weekend. I had no idea how much I hated the finger grooves until they weren't there. I owned a Gen 4 for several years prior to moving to the P320 as well. Trigger felt like a previous Gen with an aftermarket disconnector to me. I have heard of some people bitching about the magwell cutout, but I didn't notice it just fondling it. The FBI sights are actually pretty awesome for a stock gun. Otherwise, just some refinements on a solid package. I don't like how the ambi slide release sticks out though. That may cause issues if you are using holsters from a previous Gen.

13. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I have one (G19). About 700 rounds through it. It's not bad at all. For the dudes that have a well sorted Gen4, the Gen5 isn't going to blow your skirt up. If I had to choose between either in stock trim, Gen5, all day. I dig the straight handgrip.

Steak Travis likes this.
  14. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

The new straight grip is purely a preference thing. I like the raised slide release and the "FBI" sights, but if you've shot aftermarket on a Glock you'll probably replace them.

Glock is making smart retail moves. They've recognized all of the aftermarket add ons that the masses have blessed popular and are mixing and matching in "new models". It will continue for the next few Gens.

Build a pistol for what you want it to do. Make/install mods as you measure performance. Shoot often.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@shakazulu12 @blkduc

I filed for the voluntary upgrade @ Sig last week (10/30)
    Got an email this week (11/6) saying they would email me again soon with shipping tag.
    Gun is still in my safe at the moment.

So, just waiting on Sig.

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I sent mine in Monday. They said 7-10 days when I asked. Although I have seen some on forums get them back in quicker.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's good news. I haven't gotten the call tag yet though...

18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Nice, can't wait to hear what you guys think!

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

My son just got the Gen5. We shot it yesterday for the 1st time. The finger grooves never bothered me, so I don't have much opinion of that. The changes are all minor so the gun doesn't feel much different overall. I like all the changes, don't have much to say about it really because it still feels and shoots like a Glock.

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Maybe too late for you but the Bersa BP9CC is similar, after shooting both I preferred the Bersa. Trigger in particular is much better than the Shield's.

XFBO likes this.