1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Glock is well known for its consistent mediocrity. :D

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Thank you, I was struggling for words. It's still a perfectly boring Glock. :D

pickled egg likes this.
  3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Any opinions on the FNX-45 Tactical?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How long ago did I tell you about this? Could have had it done by now lol.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Had a .380ACP once...figured it would be a decent back-up. Fit in the palm of my hand.
    [​IMG]

In an impromptu ballistics test, I shot the frame of one of these cheap metal chairs with some ball ammo.
    [​IMG]
    It made a dent.
    I gave the gun away and have since decided a back-up gun was best replaced with extra mag pouches in .45ACP and 9mm.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to until some of the training facilities started saying they wouldn't let you participate in classes if the recall hadn't been done.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Picked this old classic up the other day. Hate to admit it's my first .357.

[​IMG]

Steeltoe and terminus est like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah. You were definitely outgunned in that matchup. ;)

9. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Reg 90gr Ball .380 is a joke. Like 850 FPS. I use Underwood +p 102 gr hp running at 1100fps. Same or even a bit more as a std pressure 9mm.

I have several 9s and 45s, but the Colt .380 is my most carried. My base system that stays in the car. A G26 goes along when I travel.
    F02DD83E-1892-451A-B6B0-25AFD8A010B3.jpeg

10. fastfreddie

Sooo, maybe I should be kickin' myself? That stainless govt model is a rare bird these days...and pricey.

BTW, that's the best lookin' Mustang I've ever seen...never had a thing for the pocketlites, tho'. Never shot one but I figured they, being light and sub-compact, would be a somewhat uncomfortable shoot. Am I wrong?

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Thoughts on this little 45? Taurus PT145 Pro Millenium

upload_2017-11-10_14-10-15.png

upload_2017-11-10_14-10-37.png

ToofPic likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

HYPOCRITE! :D

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I was waiting for that!

Guilty as charged.

14. Used2Bfast 2

Yes, the usual trappings.. they’re small and harder to hold.. recoil is felt more.. etc. But a small pocket carry handgun for most, isn’t a range toy to begin with. But it’s small enough where there’s a good chance I could carry it, when something bigger wasn’t practical.

Every gun is going to be a compromise of some sort. Same as a full size handgun is, when say compared to a rifle.

15. fastfreddie

Good points.

16. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Been a fan of the Smith&Wesson M&P line for a while now and thoroughly have enjoyed my M&P 9. Couple years back pointed my brother and mom to picking up M&P Shields for carry guns as well. The other day, I went out and got one for the wife so she's a little more comfortable carrying and using it. I also picked me up the Shield Performance Center 9mm.....me likey! :D:Putter:

lizard84 and XFBO like this.
  17. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Had mine a year and love it. It hasn't had any load failure and I feed it some shitty cheap ammo. Best thing about it is the co-witness RMR high mount iron sights. I'm waiting to get an RMR until I'm all the way satisfied with my irons performance. It comes with 3 mags which is nice. The trigger did take a little getting use too like any other gun. Little vague but once you practice it is very predictable. I have larger hands so changed the back strap to the largest of the three it came with. Just need to save up for a silencer now! Oh I installed an o-ring so the thread protector on the barrel didn't keep coming loose.

Riders Discount likes this.
  18. Used2Bfast 2

And thanks regarding the Pocketlite. I inherited it from my late brother 6 yrs ago. All I’ve done is add the VZ grips.
    I like it well enough(I have 3x .45 1911’s and goes well w that layout).

Having said that, personally for the money and if I were currently buying new for this size handgun, I’d prolly go G42/43. Itd go good w my 26 and 17..and pocket the additional $300 that the Colt costs extra.

Fwiw, I t’s been 100% reliable over the 100 or so rounds I’ve put thru it, using various hp fodder. Otherwise shoots just fine accuracy wise.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Picked up a gen 5 glock 19. Will have a range report after New Zealand but I think I’ll like it

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So I just heard back from Smith and Wesson on the Bodyguard 380 I sent in for repair. Here’s the backstory. I bought it and took it to the range to shoot. On the sixth round it jammed with a casing stuck hopelessly in the chamber. No one could get the casing out so it had to be sent back. After months they finally got back to the gunsmith with their assessment. They said I caused the complete destruction of the weapon due to firing a round after a squib had become lodged in the barrel. 6 fucking rounds! They refuse to offer any sort of warranty and will repair the pistol for $190. I think I only paid $200 for the damn thing. What a joke! That is the last S&W I’ll ever buy and would suggest others avoid them too.