1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Barely rained a drop up her. Been sunny most of the day. Im saying hurricane, fake news.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. Haven't had a drop since before the supposed hurricane made landfall.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

We have 4 mph winds and mist. Oh, and 3 acorns fell in the driveway. And a twig. Calling in a claim tomorrow.

TLR67, Phl218 and BHP41 like this.
  4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Is this in SC or KDH, NC??

5. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Same here in Charlotte. Nothing more than a cloudy rainy day and winds have been under 20 mph.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I hope Stoneville, NC is ok. :rolleyes:

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

SC. My m9m passed. Here for a bit tying up some business.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Wow, sorry to hear about your mother Rich. Hope you are doing OK.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

About 24 hrs here without power. The Cape Fear river is suppose to spill over and do some serious flooding. We spent the afternoon banging on doors advising people of the mandatory evacuation. We have a curfew in effect from sundown to sun up. I keep on running into this nut case driving a puke green Fiat 500 who swears it's all a propaganda event and nothing is going to happen. I hope he's right..

G Dawg, Sabre699 and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

I'm on the other side of the world right now, offshore Sakhalin Island in the Sea of Okhotsk on a 285' icebreaker. We went through the remnants of Typhoon Jebi a couple weeks ago (75mph wind, 30' seas), it was not much fun for 24 hours. We're looking at Typhoon Mangkhut hitting Hong Kong right now after plowing over the Northern Philippines. Luckily the Philippines government learned from the disaster when Haiyan hit, and evacuated nearly everyone. I can't imagine what would have happened to North Carolina if Florence had been as strong as Mangkhut was when it hit.

Steeltoe and Phl218 like this.
  11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

This is getting interesting .
    2 bridges washed away locally. People who live in the city of Southport are fucked.
    All the roads leading from Wilmington flooded. Other routes are flooded also.
    Now the water is off. Glad I froze 3 gallons of water.

MELK-MAN and Yzasserina like this.
  12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The rain in Charlotte picked up early this morning and has been fairly heavy all morning. We haven’t had any interruption to power, but with localized road flooding, my daughter may not be able to get home from work later this evening.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Went to check on both of my grandmothers this morning. Both had the “news” on and they’re screaming doom and gloom when it’s drizzling outside. Maybe the local people here are trying out for a TWC job.

14. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Maybe @Steeltoe can fly over there in his gyrocopter and pick you up.
    I appreciate your updates Gary. Stay safe.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Uh, dad, why doesn't she come home now???

Sabre699, Banditracer and noles19 like this.
  16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thanks I have enough food & water for another couple of days. @Ritchie "Metalhead" McGooberpants if needed, I have plenty of Muscle Milk with the old plastic wrap :)

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well that should keep you occupied. Takes me like 20 mins to get into one. Shit makes me mad just thinking about it.

Hope all turns out well for ya. Shitty situation for sure.

18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

How in the hell can you not break that seal with those dagger chick claws of yours????

19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

She’s at work, she’s an adult, and can figure it out. Also, by the time her shift is over, the storm will have moved on and the water will recede.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That wrap is tight as fuck. You got to have Ginsu knives for nails to get them started. Don't get me started. It's Sunday. I should be resting.