1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's making landfall now Screenshot (50) (Small).png

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

So I’ve surveyed the damage so far. Lots of large oak trees branches in the yard, lots of shingles gone, and missing some siding. This thing isn’t slowing down! I just got the genny setup with cords running through the house. The chickens are hating life and the dogs won’t go outside.

3. Be safe out there and offer stands if someone’s stuck. My house is a mess due to moving but it’s not dirty. I cancelled my trip to Asia for obvious reasons as this much rain in the mountains doesn’t scare me but does make me a bit nervous. I predict My lifted jeep will come in handy Monday / Tuesday.

4. Damn. Hate this. At least you seem prepared plus you can eat the chickens. I was thinking same about my dog as she won’t go in the house. Ever. We’ve left her and she had the shits one day (obviously we didn’t know when we left her). Soon as I got home and opened the door after being gone 4 or 5 hours she shit on the garage floor. I was impressed.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Same with my dog. I like messing with him when you looks @ me like he wants to go out.
    He's pretty keen on words, so all I have to do is say "It's raining " he looks @ me again and I open the door.
    Right back to bed for him :)

GixxerBlade likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

It ain't doing shit here in Columbia. .....we were supposed to be washing away by this point. Oh well.....

7. Perfect time to be fishing then. I should be boxing shit up and moving today but I’m going fishing.

BigBird and BHP41 like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

The frying pan camera has a nice view right now. looks calm and nice

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just as power went out I hear a loud bang. Turns out the fucktards across the street from the Moose Lodge did not secure their shit.
    A 4x8 sign came crashing into my front door. Broke the lower hinge which allowed a flood of water to come through.
    20 minutes earlier I moved my van from that location into my garage.
    On generator power now. Shit load more branches in the yard along with several downed trees.

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Crazy how it went from violent to peaceful. :eek:

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

and a new flag to boot:flag:

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Damn. Stay safe, man.

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Yeah, it's meant to mock how the news would report a man checking on water levels and getting everything backwards and blown out of proportion. Basically Jim Cantore.

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Dude that fukn sucks. I parked my truck perpendicular to my garage door. I didn’t want anything to push it in and to keep the water to a minimum. Pan lick, Carteret and Craven counties are getting hit hard right now. Here’s Bogue Inlet and Atlantic beach piers:
    D3C3E35D-888D-4253-A4DD-D6ECCEB92181.jpeg 9B5E8CDF-564D-4A99-9AEB-153777602EB9.jpeg

G Dawg likes this.
  15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Damn I hate to see that. This is the house we rent in Topsail. I'm going to be really sad if it's washed away but I don't have much hope.

[​IMG]

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I've seen where people put kiddie pool in the garage and line the bottom of it with grass so that dogs will do their business in that grass which is protected by the garage.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

What a great idea! One of our bathrooms is being occupied right now with some other family members.
    AD582CBE-B2B3-4E83-B88F-B5CDDFD0ABDE.jpeg

R1M370, joec, Sabre699 and 10 others like this.
  18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I see the Kellogg's Corn Flakes on the floor, but those are not roosters!! :eek:

:D

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And just like that, beeb history was made.

MELK-MAN, BigBird and GixxerBlade like this.
  20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You guys come to Topsail? I used to own a house cleaning business down there. My wife was there for Fran and got to experience a truly destructive hurricane.