1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Duke crews left this a.m. from Raleigh. Took them 7 hrs. to find a way into Wilmington. Charlotte area has 16k w/o power. Western NC Duke crews heading toward the beach in the morning.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I-40 east of I-95 is flooded out. I-95 is also flooded out. It's a giant cluster fuck.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Damn that's the major shit through there. Holy cow. I heard it's like several miles of 40. Wouldn't want to be in you guys shoes the next couple of weeks. Ugh.

4. We got a bit of drizzle in nega, enough to make it wet but not much at all, maybe 1” over 24 hrs. Almost no wind etirher, I was assuming at a min we would get some big wind just but I am not complaining as I’m going out fishing in the drizzle. Moving this week (on and off throughout the week, only a few miles away and I’m lazy so hiring movers to move the big stuff) so this will be last day I can really get some time in Fishing.

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I am sure glad that I moved my sailboat from Wilmington Port City Marina about a month ago. Had a funny feeling about it. Hope everyone is safe and shit goes back to normal.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What the hell, we're getting flooding now.

[​IMG]

One of the women evacuated from her business due to flooding lives in N. Andover, MA where all the explosions were and she was evacuated from her home for that. Evidently, God wants her to go elsewhere.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Raspy in one lung, walks with a limp, one eye and missing a hand.....answers to the name "Lucky".

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

After the daily double, I would listen.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I faired pretty well considering I had a couple friends that lost their houses, a few more sustain major damage, and one lose his place of business. I only had my fence knocked down and lost a bunch of siding. I’ve already rebuilt my fence. My roof held solid; it was replaced after Matthew. Many of the roads here are still fucked and people that evacuated are still trying to find a way into town. I’m on day 6 without power but besides the day after the hurricane left, it’s been pretty easy to source gas for my genny, especially since I have access to Camp Lejeune and New River. Duke said we should have power by the 25th. The cell coverage was down for the past four days so I’m thankful that it is back. The water was out for a few days but that’s back. Things are starting to return to normal here, except it was 90° yesterday and forecasted to be just as hot today. Living without AC sucks! I managed to drive around a couple days ago and the destruction was enormous. I had to find my way using backroads because they were either flooded, trees down, or washed out. Lots of downed power lines and trees. It’ll be a while before the remnants of this thing are gone. I feel for a lot of people that had major flood damage but because they didn’t live in a flood zone did not have flood insurance. I haven’t seen FEMA or the Red Cross around so I’m not sure if they’re here helping or not. From posts I’ve seen on FB, their help has been spotty.

G Dawg likes this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's starting to get shitty here. Until the rivers start to recede, supply trucks can't get in.

11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I forgot whether it was the state or Washington that's sending then one that flew over the capital.