1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many pieces of pizza can you eat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Apr 22, 2020.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’m in, I’ll bring the Pizza , you guys bring your A game . :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

unnamed.jpg

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I give it to the dog.

Sabre699 and StaccatoFan like this.
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

No.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

That's not retarded, it's racist.

But technically we are talking about volume regardless of the number of pieces. A round pizza with radius Z and thickness A has volume PI(ZZ)A.

K51000 likes this.
  6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

7. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

3 to 4 I stop when I am full! Side note its best with copious amounts of IPA!

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Personally, with respect to indexing, I’d go with mass. Too much variation in density for the crust to use volume. :beer:

One answer for me is 2. Typical pie is a large from Giovanni's, a very respectable local NY-style joint. It's a 16", and cut into 8 slices, so a quarter pie.
    One pizza works for dinner and lunch for the two of us. That's about $7.50 a meal, or maybe 3x what some of those garbage-chains charge. Well worth it in my value system.

Another answer is related to pizza we get from a different local who does real Neo-style elegant pies in a 900F wood fired oven. Those pizzettes take about 80 seconds to bake, are blistered (or burnt if you are Mongo) and super tasty. I think they are around 11 inches, also 8 slices, and I can harf a whole pie; so: 8.
    Now I am sure Metalhead is confused by different answers, but really, not all pizza is the same, and a slice isn't always a slice.

9. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Not really. Brewery in town has some decent pizza, but not what I'd call way better than Pizza Hut or Pappy John's. Place about 45 min. drive has some really good pizza and spaghetti, but they're closed at the moment. It's been around since 1961 and been featured on Diner's Drive-In's and Dives. A few times a year we'll order a couple of pies from Giordano's to have shipped in over-night. Those are pretty tasty.

10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I was in Sarzana fixing a Piaggio for the Guardia Costiera back in to 90s. I went out for a pizza with my Italian/English dictionary. I ordered a pizza margherita "con funghi." I guess they were not to pleased with the ugly American, because they baked the pizza, then opened a can of sliced mushrooms and dumped the whole thing in the middle of the pie. I was unimpressed.

It was a misery the whole time I was there. I tried to ask the beautiful buxom waitress at the hotel if tips were normal in Italy. Of course "Tips" in my dictionary translated as "Puntas," so I kept offering her Lira saying "Puntas? Puntas?" She was unimpressed.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If I'm in NYC the answer is two - reg slice of sausage and a slice of Sicilian. But probably more than once per day.

12. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

No I have the scene from "Jane Austin's Mafia!" The Day the Olives Turn Black... Sorry I can't find a gif.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That's a goddamn lye.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Black humor.

15. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I turned to the internet to google some irrelevant shiite about how-many-slices-of-pizza-can-you-eat 'facts' and, to my wonderment, was not dissapointed in my search (below).

Exhibit A:
    • How to cut a pizza into 10 slices:
    • This guy shows you 'how' without using a protractor.

Exhibit B (B and C smashed together, really):

This guy ate 29 slices in 5 minutes.
    • 29 "square" slices, if that matters.
    And these two young guys attempted a 100-slice, 10-minute challenge.
    • a fine display of youth (along with food) being wasted on the young, imo
    • start of challenge at 4:30
    • conclusion at 5:30 (note: cheater alert)

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

17. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Probably 4 or 5 max these days, and that is your average piece, so from a $5 hot & ready or a Pizza Hut large.

Typically a large stuff crust I eat 2 or 3 and that is enough.............

In my youth, active playing sports, etc. a couple friends and I, when I was 18, went to Pizza Hut buffet and the thick crust, hand tossed, whatever slices I ate 30 pieces as a bet to see how many I could eat........I barely made it to the car I was so fricking full....did not barf, but wish I could have.......would have felt better.

During those days though I was eating 3-4 full bowls of cereal in the morning for breakfast.......so I could eat like a champ and was burning calories like a machine...

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Plenty of time to eat pizza on vacation.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Touring Italy is no fun in a car, so maybe take Mama to Positano for a week via boat or train, put her on a plane back home, then meetup with me for a bike ride :D

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

@Metalhead I think the better more scientific poll would be How Many Donuts Can You Eat. More quantifiable. Just sayin.

Phl218 likes this.