1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How far will the left push

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 22, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Who gives a shit? A cat was hit by a car yesterday, media reports it as Trumps fault. It's not for the normal person to see, it's for the LWSJWFS that think violence is a good idea. Once they realize they are outgunned they will stop with the assaults (at least I would hope they have enough brain cells to figure that out....or do I?).

stk0308 likes this.
  2. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

No, then they will protest gun violence, and say how a peaceful protester was shot.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

lrrs517 likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

And (hopefully) anyone with an IQ above a rock will know that it wasn't a "peaceful" protester, and the next fuck stick will think twice.

gixxerreese likes this.
  6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Are we talking about the same people?

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They are running an ad here where they go after Representative Comstock for voting with Trump 97.8% of the time. I guess I really wasn't paying attention when they opened up the President's powers to include voting in the House of Representatives.:rolleyes:

How do they even calculate a percentage like that? When the House votes down a bill or amendment how do they if Trump would have signed it or not?

Of course Comstock's ad is fairly off the wall too. She criticizes Wexton for plea bargaining down a sex offender case. Without knowing the specifics of the case maybe that was the best course of action since if they went to trial maybe they only had enough evidence to get a 30% chance of conviction on the serious charges, so a plea bargain for one of the lessor charges was the way to go.

The bottom line is most of these ads don't expect you to think, they are just trying for an emotional response. One thing for sure is that we still have over two weeks of this crap and the ads will only get more frequent and more annoying.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I REALLY hate to take up for that corrupt old hag but there are contexts under which the statement is fine. The problem with the article is I could not detect the context well. So there is a chance she was saying her changes will not benefit everyone just most but yes some might be hurt. There is also a chance that she was inciting violence like many from her party are doing. Poor article.

laich528 likes this.
  12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I did not read the whole speech but basically agree with you. I have no clue what collateral damage she speaks and the article did not either.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

New vid from Popp on this very topic :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Data

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That isn’t data it is a predicted Trump score. In other words someone’s best guess. Also it still isn’t “Voting with Trump” because Trump doesn’t have a vote.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How is it not data? Every bill that goes before congress is pretty easily established as being supported by the president or not supported by the president. His support/non-support is defined by either a direct statement from him or from one of his Executive team. You may not like or agree with the assignment of the president's position, but you asked how the numbers were derived. Did you read the methods? As far as parsing the words, "Voting with Trump", it means voting for his supported positions. No one is inferring he casts a vote.

This is not new to Trump. Its a basic model of fidelity for congressmen with executive.

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Very interesting data. There are a few anomalies as the budget vote where Trump was against the wall if he sent it back to congress.

Was there the same data for Obama?

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, the Wexton ad has been very effective. I wouldn't vote for her if the choices were her, Stalin and Hillary and they were in a run off for Roadkill picker upper and I HAD to vote for one.
    Her ad runs two or sometimes three times in the same commercial block on tv and every video I try and watch on yougores is her ad.

I get some bleed over from the Maryland governor race. I almost wish I lived there so I could hit the streets to campaign against Jealous. Holy f@ck, that guy seems like a steaming pile of whale shit.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator