1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope you guys in Energy sector are going to be ok....

Discussion in 'General' started by Rebel635, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Now all of Italy starting tomorrow is on lockdown. Essential travel only, no gatherings, 1m distance in public etc.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My daughter's significant other is planning on visiting with his family. They have family there, but I keep trying to tell them now might not be the best time.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where in particular?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not sure exactly. They are from Columbia, some of the family came to the states, some went to France. I think all were trying to escape the violence in Medellin when the cartels were active there. His sister want to introduce him to family she grew up with but he never met. She is 10 years older. When they left he was 7 she was 17. Good intent, bad timing.

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I hate all this panic over something that can be managed with soap

JJJerry and Jon Wilkens like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Colombia. :)

Anyway, I guess my answer would be that if there is any reason why he can't afford to stay here an extra month beyond his vacation, maybe it's not the best idea. At some point, they're going to seriously start looking at who is traveling where.

Rising likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dammit...I keep using the capital of SC spelling.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

or could be the effects of that fever...

Tj Hunter and R Acree like this.
  9. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Car hauling is probably slowest I’ve ever seen it in ten years . Not sure how other trucking sectors are doing. I think a lot of corporate relocations are on hold pending “what happens” and possibly a tendency for people to stop buying extra and toy cars when there is so much uncertainty in the air . Diesel is down but so are rates .

April and May are my busiest months of the year for snowbirds and that’s my bread and butter . Fingers crossed it gets better soon.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We had a nice bump in the automotive tooling sector due to the outbreak in China, but I doubt it will be good long term. The bump was nice after steadily taking it dry from China for the last decade or 3. It's nice sending out FU prices on quotes and receiving an email back asking when we can start. On the other hand, actually getting paid for this work in 6-12 months time will be the troublesome part and that's what has me worried the most.

j cal, noles19, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

That's where I am at. We usually have 300k on the street at any given time and I have no idea if I will get it.

Stressful as F

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A job at Starbucks if shit keeps getting cancelled or public gatherings get axed.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I hear ya. We're a guppie in that ocean, but that kind of money (we're around that $$ too) is not a loss we could swallow. I got here in 2008 (leaving 2 previous shops that went TU) when we we small and lean and we cruised right through and have grown steadily over the years. Going to be interesting seeing how this all plays out.

tony 340 likes this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Granted a halt what?

15. eggfooyoung

I'm sorry, what???

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Odd.. My wife and I have canceled our Washington DC/Philly/NYC vacation for a road trip out west to wide open space. No reservations made, just a tentative plan to go get a Hertz with unlimited miles and hit Canyonlands, Moab, Tetons, Yellowstone.

Seems that you kinda have a backhanded marketing opportunity here.

Fonda Dix and baconologist like this.
  17. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

I am getting on a plane to Orlando the week, to enjoy a little trip to Universal with my daughter. I hope the crowds are thin so we can have a run of the place. I am going to support the airlines as well as the food and entertainment industry for a few days.
    Can't stop living due to fear.

JJJerry and baconologist like this.
  18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Doubt it, you're still coming during spring break for the majority of the families and that's one of the times the Celebration area is a shit show.

19. eggfooyoung

I think he's banking on everyone being too scared to travel.

20. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

That is what I am baking on alright. fixed it.

Phl218 likes this.