1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope you guys in Energy sector are going to be ok....

Discussion in 'General' started by Rebel635, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne. The last 7 days have been....interesting in all of the meaning of the Chinese saying about living in interesting times.

Short (as short as can be with the major details) synopsis - Flight home from race set at 6am Tuesday, 2am take boss to ER in pain from 7mm kidney stone, 5am transfer to bigger hospital and cancel flight, 9am she's put into the hallway, finally talk to docs about 3pm, go grab hotel room for two nights and come back, she's in a room by 5pm, surgery at 6:30pm, back in room by 8pm, I go grab dinner around 9-10pm and go to hotel, back at hospital by 7:30am, discharged around 11-11:30am. Go to hotel, she naps all day, we have dinner early as new flight is at 11am Thursday. Asleep by 9pm local. 10:40pm an alarm goes off, alternating siren and voice alert about an emergency and we don't need to do anything just yet. A little after 11 it is turned off and we're told all is well. Fall back asleep. I'm finally totally out cold and at 1am I come to slowly to Evelyne saying something about "this guy says we need to leave the room" - she's standing there talking to LVMPD SWAT in full tactical gear. We dress, grab what we can think of as important right then and go to lobby. They assign us a new room but the elevators are grounded until 3am, basically some fucknut has a gun and is holed up in his room 9 doors down from us and they cleared the entire floor. 3am we go to new room, sleep til 7am, try to go back to our original room but entire floor still blocked off for CSI folks. Go to lobby. One security guard is allowed to go to rooms and get stuff, after 2 hours we get what we need to fly home, haul ass to airport, life is good, get home later Thursday night. Friday at home we have pretty high winds, around 4pm 1 of our 2 gorgeous 100' oaks falls onto power lines. Power back on by 6:30pm. Saturday I went to the bar and got drunk.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

holy fuck. glad you guys are home, thats a fucking week from hell.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Damn dude. The random shit isn't a big deal but hopefully ev is all good.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like I said, it was interesting. She had to come to work yesterday (according to her), so I of course have to take her to the doc yesterday afternoon, then tomorrow again to hopefully have the stent removed and be done with this.

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

All's well that ends well.
    :D
    Hope this week goes a little smoother for you guys.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well no wonder you don't see covid19 as a big deal.

8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Did $ Trillions fall out of money heaven today?

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Cool story Monger! Hope things get back to normal for ya'll soon.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Perhaps it was demonic resurrection? :D

sdiver likes this.
  11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

SRSLY, tho... conjured $$ are conjured $$.

Now if we could just get people who comprehend this very basic concept to realize that 15 billion dollar aircraft carriers do not actually cost the American taxpayers 15 billion dollars...

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Boo fucking hoo.

I drove, all by myself, with my two daughters, 4 and 8, from MN to Whorelando. Took me 28 hours. My kids have dietary issues. We can’t stop just anywhere and eat. They survived. Know how? Because I wasn’t a whiny bitch expecting the world to cater to our needs and planned ahead.

Pissing and moaning over having to drive, give me a fucking break.

jrsamples, brex and YamahaRick like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I just got back from the urgent care with short round. She had a 101.8 fever and had to be picked up from school. I got her at 5 tonight and her throat was so swollen I couldn’t make out her tonsils. Strep and flu quick tests negative, but based on symptoms the doc sent a course of abx for her.

Only one masked up in the whole place was the intake nurse.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, in that building was the slightest bit concerned over contracting and croaking from covid19. Doc asked me if I wanted their handout on covid19, seemed quite pleased when I told her I wasn’t losing any sleep over it.

16. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I heard the Chinese bought a huge Texas oil field and plan on buying more. Should be stopped.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Has anybody checked on Broome ?

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

The problem is I have a degree in Econ, graduate certificates in Econ as part of my MBA, and 30+ years of business experience mostly running data/quant teams.

When you say "the people who realize this" I'm wondering who those people are and exactly what is their logic and angle? It's a serious question from wanting to learn more about that theory. What I've mostly found is from those who misunderstand fractional banking, central banking, expected value, and/or the stock market.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We’re gonna need to see the report cards. How are we to know if these degrees are from a prominent university?

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Yeah I get it. I really hate bringing out the "resume" but did so hopefully in order to elicit the evidence.