1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda to kill the CBR600RR?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jun 29, 2016.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Thats apparently what triumph is doing with Daytona also

2. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

No one wanted an f4i when they were made why would they want them now. No matter if people need the trick bits or not they still want them. Street guys look at magazines and want the good tech too. Honda makes lame bikes and cars right now. Making them even more lame isn't gonna increase sales.

TrackStar likes this.
  3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Release an F4i with 12 o'clock bars, cages, a caved in tank and 3 rear brake calipers with a 65 tooth rear sprocket and it will sell like hotcakes.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Beg to differ on the cars ... The civic and accord are pretty great cars... Second only to Mazda

And there's the Grom and XR

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah but Ducati have the Ducatisti's which are worse than Uccios. They'd buy a red colored turd if it had [​IMG]written on the side of it.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I'm going to list one on Amazon and see what happens.

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

C'mon....nobody will buy that crap. :D

8. Skter505

I was talking performance. They make quality stuff but it's not exciting. I wouldn't consider Mazda second in anything either.

9. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

The Accord, Civic and CRV are 3 of the top 10 selling cars right now. Take away the 1500s from Ford, Dosge and Chevy and that's almost half of the most popular cars. So they must be doing something right. Right?

BigBird likes this.
  10. Skter505

See above. Performance.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

All the Honders have crap CVT transmissions...The hell with that shit.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Huh? Are they making it bigger than 675 and ineligible for racing?

13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Yes, 765cc Daytona first, then the Street Triple will get the same upgrade - donzo as a middleweight race platform.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Link?

15. Chip

Chip Registered

Rumor is that Ducati is going re-release the 900SS. 1199 styling, 2 valve motor, Indian built, scrambler money.....

2blueYam likes this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's in the first post link, and I heard it different than the other guy. I read they were making the naked bike first then the Daytona. There are already pics of that bike testing, the bigger engine makes it pass the euro emissions I guess.

17. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

18. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

It leaked yesterday. It's happening!

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Ok, NSX. It looks good, goes good, priced at what people these days will tell you is a bargin. New civic-R is coming to america and has 300 Turbo HP. As for Mazda, I'd call them 3rd, after Honda and Toyota if we're talking reliability.

20. I agree with the other comments regarding models (like Ducati does it, and how Yamaha has started to do it). Have a base model, then an R/S/M/etc model that is upgraded with race-worthy parts.

I would MUCH rather OEMs do that, rather than put fake-ass, non-race quality parts on every bike for marketing purposes (ie the "Brembo" calipers on the Gixxers). If you are going to put Ohlins, Brembo, etc on the bikes, then have a race homologation model and put the real shit on there . Rather than putting some dumbed down version on every model just so you can say your bike has Brembo Calipers.

Have a base model with Showa/Sachs/etc suspension, Nissin calipers and MC, cast wheels, no quickshifter, rubber brake lines, no carbon fiber, so on and so forth. Then have an upgraded model with race-worthy components.

S Tsotsoros likes this.