1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda to kill the CBR600RR?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jun 29, 2016.

1. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I say we just make scooters cool.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

obcbr likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How ya' gonna do that? Gonna bring back mod fashion?

4. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Add a Yoshi pipe to it, and get Icon to make a scooter helmet

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The Asians have the Ruckus scene on lockdown

[​IMG]

Steeltoe and obcbr like this.
  6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Maybe that was Marquez's plan all weekend. Crash a Honda ... ride a scooter!

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Bring this back. And 400cc 4 cylinders with no TC, no map switching, no ABC. Just a simple FI system with a solid motor. If they could get 70 to 80hp from a simple 400 like that for around 5k they'd have a winner.

[​IMG]

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I am very sad :(

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Cheer up! Honda's takin' a market break to come back with the next generation 600 that will set the bar for decades to come. :D

Good lord, that's the ugliest Duc I've ever seen. I hope it's 10x better lookin' in person or it might get mistaken for a Katana...you know, the bikes that are 10x uglier in person. :crackup:

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Blah...outside of the Grom race and you sold that, when was the last time you even raced a Honda :Poke:

11. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

Damn, lotta people in here must have had their Hater Tots for breakfast this morning. Not a better looking 600 out there than a Graffiti edition. Suck it!

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I had that bike. Ive also been preaching what you said up there for years. Bravo.

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Two years ago I raced my F2. And just tracked the 600RR, 2003 and 2008. The 08 was hands down my favorite bike ever. It was just slow

BigBird and DaddyPhatSaks like this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've been saying for years that the Superbike/Supersport will eventually go the way of the dirtbike. There will be track only performance bikes with tons of power, and there will be street bikes for the plebes. Between cost, emissions, noise regs, insurance, and interest, there's just not much more they can squeeze out of these types of bikes and still sell them to the mass market.

15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Yup 600RR is dead I hope. Replaced by a CBR750RR with a V4. Because I'm a honda guy and thats how we think.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

You sir have no taste. I bet you don't even have Italian cams on your bike. Plebe.

:D

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I HATE quoting pictures, but it just needs to be done. BOTH bikes in that picture are badass. That lawnmower in the middle sucks balls. Big dangley ones.

And ya, ditch the 600ss category, and bring back the 400's of yesteryear.

Metalhead and DaddyPhatSaks like this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ha! I have all three sets to choose from...blow up in 60 minutes, blow up in 600 miles and blow up in 6000 miles.
    I'm stickin' with the Honda cams.

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Waiting for production GP bikes to make a comeback. Streetbikes are streetbikes and racebikes are racebikes.

20. ped

ped Banned

thousands are too much bike. but the average dude is not going to accept anything less now.