1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda CBR teaser

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I heard it will be a 2,100cc single powered by sticking your peepee into a fleshlight on the back of the gas tank.

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I think the sensors couldn't handle his insane power from overbore.

3. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

183 hp and not a bit more.

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well the new Kawi ZX10R is 169hp rwhp outta the crate but with a reflash, slip on, and a tune is 192hp and a whopping 40hp over stock at 12,800rpm so if the Honda makes 183 outta the box, it'll be a MONSTER.

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

It was a reference to something from around here a couple of years ago. Don't know why that one stuck in my head.

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

It will definitely "change direction like a 600"! They always do in the pre-release test reviews.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah but the r6 handled like a TZ250 remember

fastfreddie likes this.
  8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yep, that irks the crap out of me too, right there with the weights and measures.

All I wanna know is for how long have we been wishing for a V4 from Honda? Nearly 20yrs, maybe longer?

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If you want a V4 superbikes from Honda, go buy an RSV4. You aren't going to get one until there's a proven market for them and even then probably not.

turbulence likes this.
  10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Well, there was that brief period where we were waiting on a V5 from Honda to break up the monotony of waiting on a V4.

XFBO and bored&stroked like this.
  11. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

On at least on 1 program on 1 machine we have at least $2-3 million YTD wrapped up in changing everything associated in a 0.28mm reduction in strip width for a folded tube that goes in radiators

Mass production is big $ like that. BNGs are funny but stuff like changing a bolt or small piece of plastic is stupid expensive and time consuming...a lot of it due to the testing required, the tooling used to make it, to gauge it, assembly instructions, the logistics routing, the BOMs, the prints, on and on, it's daunting. Think, you build

Even if we just see some cool new bodywork on the fireblade, there's millions spent developing that stuff and an army of personnel who were directly and indirectly involved. I don't expect a lot more than that from the company that just cancelled the 600RR...finance runs the show anyway.

I don't know the production numbers but the gross margin for each bike sold multiplied by however many projected to be sold should easily cover the R&D investment. If not, then that's where BNGs come in..

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It's kind of like Yamaha used Apple's marketing and Honda used Blackberry's

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Prices popped up on several places today.

Honda CBR1000RR – $16,999;
    Honda CBR1000RR SP – $19,999;
    Honda CBR1000RR SP2 – $24,999.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When did 1000cc sport bikes pass $15K? :confused: and now $25K?

That's stupid!

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Honduh.

16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Right about the time I was finally going to be able to afford one. Ain't happening anymore. Prices go up, salary doesn't match it. I swear they don't want us to buy their machines anymore. They are fine with selling half as many for double the profit to only rich mofo's who can afford to race.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What's a 600 going for now, $12K?

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll barely spend 25k on a car without complaining about it. You aren't getting it from me for a bike. The price of shit is just out of hand.

SWAT_Spyder76 and Banditracer like this.
  19. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

You're thinking in the wrong direction. Maybe you should flip a few cars or bikes a year.

I'm sure you've some skills you can reap the benefits of on the side.

...I hear craigslist has a personals page...:Putter:

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

R1m $22,499
    Panigale S $25.795
    Panigale R $34,995
    ZX-10 RR $18,899
    GSX-R 1000R $16,999
    BMW
    Aprilia

So for the base CBR you're within reach of the uber Kawi and right in line with GSXR-R.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.