1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda CBR teaser

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Grom.

bored&stroked, BigBird and masshole like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

During Bike Week this year, I spent A LOT of time in the Honda tent. I made sure to talk to the different reps in the tent at different times during the day.

They all had a unified answer in terms of the new 1K: Honda has no intention of making a R1 or ZX10 killer. The Sportbike category is a niche and a headache to the Honda corporation. Their money is made is the Grom/scooter/small cc category, which is where they rule.

What they ultimately ended up saying is that the new 1000 will be a great all around bike that will be competitive at the track (with mods of course).

So, I hope your source of info proves me wrong.

4. I can already see/hear it now, Honda will release this new 1k and it will basically be a rehashed 2008 model with new bodywork, perhaps a QS.

It will only make 160hp like the old one, and it will not have advanced IMU based electronics. But Honda will say that was intentional, and it was done because they wanted to "keep to their roots" or "stay true to the pure sportbike" or "appeal to their customers that want the raw experience" or some other catch-phrase like that.

Basically, rather than saying they don't give a shit about the sportbike market and didn't feel like putting out a competitive bike, they will say they put out the same old dinosaur shit so they could be the only Liter bike that is "raw" or "old school" or "full of soul" or some bullshit like that. :rolleyes:

5. pickled egg

And costs them $3000 less per unit to produce, and the Hondtards will still buy them up.

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

The autoblipper is already more electronics work than I was expecting from Honda. I will be downright shocked if it gets an IMU.

7. Im sure the die hard Hondtards will buy them just because it is a Honda and will be labeled "new".

But you rarely ever see a Honda on the grids at races or track days, and I cant remember the last time I saw one around town or through the mountains. On the flip side, I always see tons of Kawasaki's, Yamaha's, BMW's and Triumph's. Putting out an advanced, competitive bike, and putting focus on racing and marketing definitely helps bike sales.

...the problem is that Honda just doesn't give a shit about that. They sell a ton of little bikes, scooters, generators, cars, lawn mowers, 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, etc. Racing and sportbikes apparently don't mean shit to them.

8. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

(found in the link earlier in the thread) MCN and their sources have a pretty strong description in their article.

Currently available in standard and a higher spec SP form, the 2017 line-up will also boast a customer race-spec version, taking the Fireblade family to three models. It’s unclear how these models will be named beyond CBR1000RR Fireblade, but various leaked documents and insider comments have referred to them as SP-1 and SP-2 for the road models – which might simply be internal codes for the models, but may also make it on to the fairings as a nod to the previous HRC-developed V-twin superbikes from the Noughties.

9. Hmm, I wonder if the race spec version will be a completely different (V4) model as rumored.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Forget the damn new V4. Why would Honda spend tens of Millions to develop a new V4 for a single model that will sell in very limited numbers? You have that stupid quarter million dollar two wheeled abortion if you want a limited edition V4.

Quit talking with your balls and use your brain, dipshit. :D

11. No.

I wont give up.

:moon:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and V4s are the gay. :D

13. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

This is exactly the way (using more politically correct phrasing) the Honda reps were talking.

14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

The MCN article seems to have a lot more basis than the A&R write-up. Certainly a new frame. The wheels are a carryover from the 2014-2015. The 3 spoke wheels are actually lighter than the more airy looking ones.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See, that's also part of the problem: phrasing stuff politically correct. It leaves the true believers, the know nothings and the stupid with even a glimmer of hope that they will get what they want (but will never actually buy).
    Say it clearly, say it plainly and stop the stupid shit that some rags and websites put up to sell mags and get clicks.

and shit. :D

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I want a new damn 600!!! Damn it!! And or a bad ass 1000!!! Grrrrrrrr

bored&stroked likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

[​IMG]

18. pickled egg

See? Here's your Hondtard calendar boy in the flesh. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

You will make Nicky cry! he was promised a new bike.. like a ground up redesign - kill all contenders type of bike

20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I heard it will be a triple

cajun636 likes this.