1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda CBR teaser

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

2. I was told earlier in the year there will be 2 new Honda Liter bikes.

An updated CBR1000RR and a V4 homologation special.

It came from a guy i would consider to be in the loop and not be full of shit. Lets see what happens. Ive been kicking around the idea of a new R1, but i want to see what Honda is coming with and/or get some real world feedback on the new Gixxer.

Ive pretty much made up my mind that i will keep racing these 3 bikes next year (4 counting The Grom). But i will want to get a new Liter bike to ride on the street and start bonding with it, then race it in 2018.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm sure the bold new graphics will be mind blowing.

12v_dub and throwdown like this.
  4. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Sounds cool! I'm so torn about getting a 1000cc bike next. Had them in the past and just had more fun on the 600's but these new bikes are pretty damn small and have amazing power/tech!!

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Isn't that what the RC213V-S ended up being?

I just don't see Honda having the balls anymore to build something like that for the mass-market, even if it is a "limited production" model.

418 likes this.
  6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Serious question to those in the know - With the CBR1000rr and CBR 600rr being 8 and 9 years old respectively (and the 8 year-old R6), when does tooling start to wear out?

7. NemesisR6

Wait a sec...........why is that "teaser" dated 4/10/2016?

This is some busted old teaser for the CBR250RR.....I feel like I've been rick-rolled.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

From the photos I've seen. It's a brand new bike.

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

European dating convention day/month/year.

cajun636 and JTRC51 like this.
  10. JTRC51

In other parts of the world they put the day before the month... DD/MM/YY vs. our MM/DD/YY

Rob P just beat me to it..lol :)

11. NemesisR6

Ah, OK, that makes sense.

Still sounds really weird, though.

12. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Can't believe they won't release it before bike week :mad:

13. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

A solid, reasonably priced, V4 Honda may tempt me to dump my RSV4.... :rolleyes:

zamboiv likes this.
  14. JTRC51

New Suzuki, New Honda, New Yamaha... Man, is this the early 2000's once again?!?! in-the-year-2000.jpg

BHP41 likes this.
  15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The tooling will be in place for several years after the new model launches. Industry requirements are such that you must have parts available for 7-8 after the model stops production.

For the dealers, having a 7-8 year run on the model is a great thing. A new model might be good for sales, but all the special tools have to be purchased up front to work on them.

16. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

FTFY

17. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

18. JTRC51

LOL..

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

For the most part, those special tools are not purchased by the franchised dealer; they are billed to his parts account before the tool is boxed and shipped.

"This is a special tool that will only be of use on this one obscure model that you may or may not have ordered. Your parts account has been billed $795 for this tool."

20. Because the US is pretty much the only place that puts the month first.

In the rest of the world, 4/10/2016 = October 4th.

XFBO likes this.