1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

DAYTONA SPEEDWAY shut the show down in March, not CCS... just in case some were wondering or misinformed.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey Greg are you riding or maybe just hanging out in March at the speedway?

3. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Agreed it was disappointing to CCS officials and did not appear to be what they wanted to happen.

Seems I remember America Flat Track being the ones calling the shots to shut things down. Is AFT owned by DMG?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Yes. Since 2008.

tawzx12r likes this.
  5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

And there is the story in a nut shell.

The real kick in the nards, was when they said we had to pack up and leave but we were welcome to stay in enjoy bike week on their property, where everything was still happening in front of the DIS. :mad::mad::mad:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

What a load of crap. Sorry you put all that energy and ressources into that project only to be let down at the last minute.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

still not able/willing to roadrace yet, cancelled a couple pre-entries already. Doing a national enduro this weekend but won't be goin real fast.. lol. hope the D200 event goes off without any trouble !

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That is understood. The speedway has to follow certain protocols in the event of an emergency. Probably a similar protocol to if there was a hurricane coming. I get all that. Regardless you and me know it was still a big crock of shit.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Just got back from the Rolex. Kind of appalled at how lax the Covid protocols were for fans. It definitely felt like there were a lot more fans than we had heard were supposed to be inside the track. If you weren't on your team's covid list and had the proper credential, you were not getting into the garages, etc. Always nice to hear on Saturday morning that the pop-up testing station on site was getting a lot of positive's within the teams. The 200 has become a smaller event so I'm not sure that the France's will use their might with the State like they did for the Rolex and the upcoming NASCAR races in regards to fans.

jdmosley43 likes this.
  10. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I was at the speedway for Turkey Rod Run in November and there was no Covid protocols. It was packed with people, not many vendors though

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Funny how that works when NASCAR has been the issue with a number of our races being cancelled due to us not being able to guarantee we could force everyone to follow the covid protocols they have set up for their series.

Scuba Steve likes this.
  12. I’m surprised to see Dunlop coming over just to compete in a club race.

10 more pages.

:Pop:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not.

jdmosley43 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He might make a few grand and all he has to do is show up at a crappy club race in Florida? Why wouldn't he, stands to make more doing that then racing the TT.

15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

5 riders who are professionals and a bunch of club racers, pretty much like any MotoAmerica race.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

A club race on a purpose built closed circuit is the best a TT road racer can shoot for. These guys are awesome on a course like the Isle of Man but are average at best on a track.

(10 more pages)

17. Agreed.

My money says he won’t crack the top 10.

18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

how about doing 1 lap, so i can say i passed and finished ahead of you? :crackup:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i dunno. he's got the endurance and i would put him like top 5-7.

83BSA likes this.
  20. While they do get near a wall at times, it’s still a track race. And aside from a few exceptions, even the best TT racers in the world rarely crack the top 15 or even 20 in BSB races. It’s just a different set of skills.

The only way he cracks the top 5 is if some of the “Pros” have issues (or don’t go at all), and he ends up racing against true club racers.