1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The AFT crew do a stellar job with their announcing and it’s apparent they live amongst the riders. During Volusia, they were mentioning personal stuff about riders they would never know, otherwise. It was a pleasure, watching their 2 days of coverage.

turbulence, stk0308 and RRP like this.
  2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I too miss Dreb.

I've been listening to Richard Chambers for a LONG time. He has, for the most part, done a good job, for a LONG time. It is a difficult job to do really well.

It is time for him to move on. He's old and it shows, in so many ways. Not being critical. Just a fact. I saw him, observed him and listened to him while pitting for Max Flinders. It is time for him to move on. He can either do it gracefully, or do it embarrassingly. I prefer that he make the decision himself. He can still provide insights, experiences, do an interview or three, etc. But full time race commentary? No. Time marches on and either you adapt, change and keep up or you get run over. Getting run over is ugly.

Cheers,

Dave

jdmosley43, Gino230, TLR67 and 5 others like this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same situation with one of the Canadian SBK announcers. He's a " national treasure " but he's old and constantly makes mistakes. He's another that needs to admit it's time to move on.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

:D

5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

What's funny is, many of the AFT "fans" can do nothing but bitch about Ricky Rachtman being involved. And hate on Scotty because he's not quick enough, and makes an occasional mistake. I miss Barry Boone doing the call with Scotty. But, Brad was a nice addition a couple years ago.

ducnut and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

That crew knew they were announcing that race more than a couple of weeks before it happened. Before March even started no one even knew where to watch this 200. No doubt the 200 announcing could have been better but Im damn glad we got to even see it at all.

ducnut, cav115 and MELK-MAN like this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude. You've been to that event and others more then enough times to know better :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean the incorrect list that started this thread?

turbulence likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's the BBS, I comment on lots of stuff. What's your point?

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So you're laughing at me for using common sense?

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Dude you go to the track on set up day and find the expected top 15 racers and if they're racing, then you talk to them. Easy peazy

13. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

It would show him last as the last of 4 names on the ticker, then flip to the lead 4 with his name first. I think that's where the duplication of positions came from.

No, Chambers' announcing was not acceptable, it sounded like he was just making things up after repeatedly losing track of who was where on track. Most of the folks who pay for TrackPass are there for car racing and AFT and may have decided to see what this Daytona 200 thing was. They would have been utterly bewildered by that show.

turbulence likes this.
  14. joec

joec brace yourself

That's amazingly accurate. It's like they're trying to be eligible for Vermont residency.

15. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

As someone who lives in Vermont you won't find any patchouli oil anywhere near my house. :D:Poke:

16. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

It takes huge nads to run IOM and to be fast as hell at the Isle , and to come to Florida and run dam good my hats off to Mr dunlop

jdmosley43, Gino230, jd41 and 3 others like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet one more time, we're discussing Chambers.