1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

How much money are you talking about? I might know a guy who's interested in that bet.

969 and The Todd like this.
  2. Id bet $500 on it.

MachineR1 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

I think Dunlop just wants to race. Period. Most of those guys have been sitting around with no racing so Im sure he is itching to do some kind of race.

jdmosley43 likes this.
  4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'll bet 20 bucks CCS doesn't release a factual entry list until a week or maybe less before the race.

sdiver, 969, 5axis and 1 other person like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have $10 on the price of rice in China not changing more than 15% between now and the race. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

What channel streaming again?

Rising Sun likes this.
  7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget Sheridan Morais is participating (if the list is accurate) and IF*(for @Gorilla George) he doesn't pull out.
    He would be a good force to recken with during this event.

I to don't see Dunlop cracking the top 10. As for his endurance, from what I've heard he hasn't raced much (someone correct me if I'm wrong) The 200 is long has fuck and that track, although not very technical, is physically challenging with the bankings. Takes a shit load of loads on the neck and legs.

GOD I'd love to be there this year again. So many good names and would love to meet them in peson and be able to say I shared I race track with so and so !!! :(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Gorilla George and The Todd like this.
  8. That’s what she said.

evakat, cav115, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

if 6-10 riders can keep a 1:49ish pace with 19-20lap pit stops that are 15-20 seconds each... that would be one hell of a race.
    Id guess that any of those teams will be close to mid 5 figs on bike build, parts, tires, MR12, and accomodaions.

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Last race was filled with red flags from back markers. Lets hope that is not the case this year. Ruined the race. I think all this talk about a pro racer not having endurance for the 200 is rubbish. He is a pro athlete. That wont be a factor. The challenge will be trying to stay ahead of the local pros (and Barney).

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Wait an effin hold-it! You guys really think the NW200 or TT isnt that techincal?
    You dont think that neither of those races are mentally tiring, from knowing what line to be on, where to prepare for a jump to getting the bike slowed from 200 milunhower?

I dont think the Ant Man should have been banned if this is the mindset that goes on in here with some of the drugs you folks are on:confused::D

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. I don’t recall anyone saying those races/courses aren’t technical or mentally challenging.

The comment was made (which I agreed with), that historically road racers don’t do too well (relatively) in road course races.

There are a few exceptions like Hickman, Hutchison, Rutter, and a few others that have been decent at both. But for the most part, road racers rarely crack the top 10 or even 15 on road courses.

For example, McGuinness is one of the best road racers of all time, and he only finished inside the points about 2 out of every 3 times he did a BSB Superbike race.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. Ducti89

I can sorta kinda see that.

BSB is a fierce series, better than WSBK and Motogp

I think its the toughest series.

ducnut likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Tougher than Moto2?

16. It’s not tougher than MotoGP or WSBK. If that was the case, people would be hoping to win in MotoGP or WSBK so they can try to land a BSB ride. :D

But it is the toughest Domestic series for sure. There are guys who finish in the top 10 in our series, that likely wouldn’t crack the top 20 in a BSB race.

That’s why I threw out the “disclaimer” about Dunlop and the 200. If a lot of the “Pros” don’t show up, or crash, etc and he ends up racing against true club racers, then he will probably do very well.

But if the grid has a lot of guys like Wyman, Hayes, DiSalvo, Fong, SDK, May, etc...I don’t see him scoring a top 5.

Rising Sun likes this.
  17. Ducti89

Thats only tough because you have young teens on missiles...you know...kinda like the rookie 600 class......without the speed:D

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'll bet more than 1 euro guy doesn't get let in the country because of covid and I'd even bet the race doesn't happen.

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Barnes literally comes of the couch when he does race

Sabre699 and MELK-MAN like this.
  20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I get the road racer vs circuit struggle, but long drafts, long braking zones and point and shoot seems like a pretty good skillet for Daytona that has nothing to do with the tight BSB circuits.