1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Any time the selection committee has ignored the actual 4 best teams, regardless of losses, the playoff games have been blowouts. It's happened when OSU got in. It happened again with ND last year. Put the 4 best teams in and let them have it. Even if it's 3 teams from the SEC. :D

Pride & Joy likes this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Name the 3 SEC teams that belong.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But... but... but... but Midwestern Podunk State College was undefeated. You can't ""KNOW"" that Alabama would beat them!!!!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I can't think of 2 ranked teams I'd rather see get blown out than those 2.

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Funny, Clemson is the team that curb stomped both of them.

Spang308 likes this.
  6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Odd, isn't it?

7. Spang308

At least the Irish scored a FG! :crackup:

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

New rankings this week:
    1. LSU
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Georgia
    5. Alabama
    6. Oregon
    7. Utah
    8. Minnesota
    9. Penn State
    10. Oklahoma

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Any given Saturday.

Since all of the southern leagues play the scheduling game better than others they can play practice games all season long and work out the bugs without fear of losing or injuries. This year all Clemson has to do is play 1 or 2 tough games in the playoffs. That's easier than playing 2-3 before the playoffs happen. If they are undefeated, they deserve to get in but come on that league is horrible. I bet most if not all of the teams listed in that top 10 would be undefeated playing the same schedule, even Minnesota and Utah. Clemson has had a couple games that if they play like that in the playoffs they will get destroyed.

IMHO in order from High School to Pro, there is a emotional factor to playing well. More so in High school and less in pro, emotion and confidence plays a huge role in how a team plays. Clemson and Alabama have an It factor and they show up big in the big games no doubt but, that's easier when you only have a couple big games a year. They never travel either unless for a required in league game. If you say all the SEC teams are good then when Alabama beats one it's a big win but that's all subjective because they don't play tough games outside of conference so we can't actually judge the conference. Bowl games are all we have to go on but many of those are local vs truly traveling teams.

If you don't play decent out of conference teams on your own, don't be butt hurt when the committee decides to put in a 1 loss conference champion in over your 1 loss 2nd place team just because that 1 loss was a good game against your eventual champion.

Put Ohio State aside. Wisconsin has come back to earth recently but I would dare any SEC or Clemson team to have played at Wisconsin early in the year. That team was rolling and has an NFL running back. Try Penn State at the night white out game. Hell I dare them to come play at Michigan this weekend when to us northerners it will be comfortable but at 30 degrees the southern teams won't be able to feel their hands or want to tackle anyone. Lucky for them all the bowl games you play will be in warm weather.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  10. ClemsonsR6

Georgia at 4?!?!!!!

Just setting up a back door for Bama slide back into the Top 4 after Ga. takes a beating from LSU in the Championship and Bama goes back in without the SEC title game.....AGAIN!

Bullshit!

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Now where’s my Hulk Hogan entering the ring GIF

We’ve been waiting so long. I couldn’t be happier. God only knows how good we would be if we would have gotten ride of Les Miles a long time ago.

We are here, and with that Marble Mouth coonass at the helm, we ain’t going anywhere for a long time. He’s a likeable mother fucker you gotta admit. We NEVER have a good quarterback, like
    Ever. So I won’t jinx us..... but y’all be afraid. Be very afraid.

if we do win it all this year then this recruit class will be the things of legend. That’s Sabans biggest asset is his recruiting. That’s how we won in 2007. Playing with his players.

Get ready boys... because we coming. This our year. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

“WE”
    :crackup:

um ok.

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Hmm would you look at that. Oregon and Utah protecting Alabama too. Committee expecting them to win out then face each other in P12 champ game. Which ever one wins they can point to the fact that Oregon lost AT Auburn as proof Alabama deserves a spot over the P12 champ. Funny it doesn't look like Oregon/Auburn was a home and home series either. Wonder why. Oregon plays a home and home with Ohio State in 20 & 21.

SEC is pathetically obvious and why you won't see them playing any B1G teams outside bowls. B1G does Home and Homes with legitimate and even semi-legitimate programs even at the risk of losses and definitely at the loss of home game income. They don't call it the $EC for nothing. Wish the CFP committee would leave a 2nd SEC team out a few times and come right out and say. Until you schedule some decent out of conference opponents and some away from home, we don't know how good you are.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

They. Lol. Whatever.

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

I wonder if USC is kicking themselves. Orgeron was a die hard USC'er. I guess he wasn't as photogenic as Kiffin and Sarkisian because those hires worked out so well for them

cajun636 likes this.
  16. ClemsonsR6

Clemson will whip them just as bad as we did Alabama last year.

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Naaaaahhh. You might wanna look where that game will be. :D

18. Spang308

Please stop. Clemson would come up north every single week and stop the shit out of every Big10 team east or west. Just ask Rex Ryan...Google the video if you haven't seen it.

19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

$100 to AFF says LSU beats Clemson, or in the event they don't play head to head, that LSU finishes ahead of them in final playoff rankings.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Try playing 5 top 10 teams before the playoffs, and beating them all. I don't care how good Clemson is or isn't....when you only have to play at an elite level twice a year that's a hell of a lot easier than the road most other teams have.