1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap LSU is bringing it.

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 9, 2019.

1. skiz

skiz Member

What if we just took 8 teams and let them play it out on the field.? Has anybody in CFP thought of that.? PLAY IT OUT ON THE FIELD.!! Your Tues nite CFP whos who would still be debated on Wednes over and over and over again. But we would be talking about the #9 and not talking about the #5. That would be a monstrously huge upgrade.!!!

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Someone didn't read the fine print...

Spang308 likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Wisconsin was undefeated and had the number one defense in the nation when Ohio state beat them but I guess that’s less impressive than Clemson beating wofford state by 50? Oh and Ohio state is the first team since 1973 to win each of their first 9 games by at least 24 points, but that’s not impressive either.

4. auminer

We could have a round robin, double elimination, best of 5, 256 team tournament,,, and someone would still bitch that Boise State should be the national champion.

gixxernaut and Dragginass like this.
  5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That blue field pisses me off.

pfhenry and dtalbott like this.
  6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You mean the same Wisconsin that got beat by Illinois? That one?
    You seem to be a Buckeye fan. Let me jog your memory...31-0. :D

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

you can only play the teams on your schedule on that specific day and again at that specific day, Wisconsin was undefeated and had the best defense in the nation. Can wofford state claim that?

8. skiz

skiz Member

I like your double elimination "one up" over my 256 suggestion. Youre thinking like a true... um.... a true... well actually, youre thinking like a true Boise State crybaby. Is that the mascot of Boise State.? The crybabys.?

Actually, I think if Boise State can hit top 12 and win their conference, they should be in an 8 team playoff.

9. skiz

skiz Member

I hear that.!!!

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm confused: which part of that post is not "too dungeony?"

11. auminer

Whatever.

Unless something weird happens, two Tigers will play for a national championship and Joe Burrow will lock up a little statue.

The rest is just a bunch of nattering Al Bundys.

Spang308 likes this.
  12. Spang308

Smurf turf!

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My facts are straight. A healhty Tua adds the run dimension. Neither Clemson nor LSU played a healthy Tua.

Not taking away from Clemson or LSU, just the facts.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not so fast my friend. The committee will place both of them to play each other in the first round.
    This, assuming if Clemson even gets an invite, :Poke::D

15. auminer

We can revisit this in 2 months. :beer:

16. Spang308

So you can only play the games on your schedule only applies to OSU? I'm confused. So Florida Atlantic and Miami OH are national front running programs that should be revered? I won't argue that Wofford and Charlotte aren't shit games that shouldn't be on a power5 national front runner schedule, but don't pretend FAU and Miami OH are any different. Clemson also plays 2 SEC teams in addition to their conference schedule. And before you get all pumped up about the Big10, OSU has beaten Indiana, MD, Nebraska, MI State, and Wisconsin that just lost to Illinois. Did they beat the hell out of them? For sure. PSU was also beating the hell out of the same teams and the Gophers just sent them packing.
    Ohio State plays zero power5 out of conference games this year, so ragging on Clemson's schedule is a little rich.
    We're basically wasting key strokes though. I'm sure both teams will run the table and be in the playoffs and it can be decided on the field...if you can sneak out a win in Ann Arbor. :D

17. Spang308

I think it will end up
    1) LSU
    2) Ohio State
    3) Clemson
    4) Big12/Pac12 champ

LSU vs. Clemson in New Orleans
    Dabo hoists the trophy again and Trevor gets a Pantene endorsement deal with the new NCAA rules.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not so fast my friend. :D
    I don’t thing the big12 or pac12 get an invite.

19. Spang308

Depends. A 1 loss Oregon that beats top 10 Utah in the Pac12 championship likely does. Especially with their only loss coming from Auburn in the first game of the year.
    An undefeated Baylor Big12 champ is a lock.
    I don't see 2 SEC teams getting in unless stuff gets goofy and the above teams lose along the way. LSU losing to a one loss GA in the SEC title game may allow both in, but that's the only scenario I see 2 SEC teams in and that would require the other conferences to drop a game or not pass the "eye test" by a solid margin.
    Bama does not have the resume to bump a 1 loss conference champion, but anything can happen with the Bama/Saban bias.

G 97 and Dragginass like this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Speaking of college football, I flipped over to the Winnipeg/Calgary game for a few minutes. In addition to the goofy rules, red flags and field length it looked like an FCS game. The turf, uniforms, stadium, play, everything looked like a mid-level FCS product.