1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I'm back!

I hope several of you got to enjoy it before the nuke

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Ha!!! I was right! A junkless sex scene! :D

I'm called big this episode "Girl Power". Between the flexing of all the women in this episode and the junkless dudes in every scene...

3. Lawn Dart

Stupid autocorrect

"calling this episode"

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Well that ending just threw a wrench in the plans now didn't it?

V5 Racer and shakazulu12 like this.
  5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

So far this season sucks.
    That was so predictable.
    Now the odds are slight more even in the battle for Queens landing.
    Pretty lame.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Last night seemed to set the stage for "who's the traitor?". Somebody clued in Uncle Greyjoy. He knew where to find his "gift" and that said "gift" would be there in one neat package.

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

When I was watching the Arya bar scene, I was thinking, news travels fast in some ways and not at all in others. Really odd how those in power seem to know everything about others seeking power and vice versa. And how do the commoners get their information? No papers or internet to read, but that bar keep kid knew stuff

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yea, gotta agree.

As soon as Euron said he was going to bring Cersei a "gift" we knew it was only going to be one of two people: Ellaria Sand or Tyrion. As soon as their "plan" had the Greyjoy's and Sand sailing together we knew what was coming.

Decent episode, but just felt "different"..............maybe just due to how much setting-up they seem to be doing and the sheer volume of major characters in the same room at Dragonstone. We've never had that before.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or maybe it was one of those random encounters with zero plausibility that I was talking about when I mocked the crying about Ed Sheeran. :D
    BOOM. They're here. :D Now they're just gonna fall back and follow Arya on the way to Winterfell

10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Once John said he was going to Dragonstone and leaving Sansa in charge, they showed Littlefinger smile. Do you think, if he marries Sansa, he can prevent John from returning as King of the North? Baelish has been a step ahead most of this show and he has to be planning something.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think the season is great so far. Stuff is moving. Sure, some of it is predictable, but let's not try to out think ourselves on some story lines here.

What I'm not looking forward to, is the obvious betrayal Snow and Sansa are going to have to deal with, from Little Finger. I'd like to see a twist where he doesn't just screw them over for hurting his feelings and not buying his creepy smirk all the time ..

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You can't marry a Queen and become a King. You become the Prince Consort, as you are not linear to the throne.

My guess (hope) is Baelish tries something and Sansa has Arya kill him.

13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

All I noticed in that scene was Sansa continuing to disagree with Jon, then when she finds out she'll be in charge she stops nagging. Hopefully she doesn't screw it up.

stk0308 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Was also a little disappointed when Nymeria didn't go with Arya. REALLY want Arya to take the true badass role......but just when I think she's getting there they have her start looking all doe-eyed and vulnerable again. Having a horse-sized wolf as your companion could go a long way to helping that image.

However, I guess that leaves it open for Nymeria to have her "Leroy Jenkins" entrance at some point in the future and save the day.

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

If just cutting greyscale off and putting a balm on the raw skin works, I have severely overestimated the intelligence of the maesters and their huge library.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  16. Lawn Dart

I'm calling it now. Jon Snow rides a dragon before the show is over.

That's how he proves who he is.

Also, while I'm on the subject, there's a theory floating out on the internet that Ghost follows him to Dragonstone, meets a dragon, falls in love and has little "Ghost dragons" like Donkey did in Shrek. :D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

See post #769. Arya won't be traveling alone. She will just think that she is, until the time is right.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It's not Arya, it's the waif. That's why the wolf didn't go with her.

cortezmachine likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It didn't attack her either. And clearly, they were ready to attack.

20. Lawn Dart

Was it though? I was thinking about this when I saw it. The entire fleet left the Iron Islands (that was a big fleet according to them) - Euron had to build all new ships. Cersei knew they had landed at Dragonstone (or at least had a reasonable guess, since it was Dragon girl's ancestral home). The way the map is laid out, Westeros doesn't have a Panama Canal or anything. To get anywhere of note from Dragonstone by ship, they'd have to go through the Narrow Sea. And King's Landing isn't that far away. Euron's a pirate - probably just trawling around, waiting for ships to pass by. If a fleet that large passes, someone's going to see it.

[​IMG]